Chapter 53

Chapter 53: Checking into the National Team

After the late night meal, Sister Yu asked the driver to take Pei Feng, Gui Siyang and Hua Ran back to the hotel where the contestants were staying.

The car parked at the entrance of the hotel and Pei Feng was the last to get out of the car. He didn’t close the door but blocked the door with one hand. He leaned into the car and told Jiang Shaoyu, “Master, wait 10 minutes for me. I’ll go upstairs to get my luggage.”

Jiang Shaoyu: “……”

He thought this person was joking. Unexpectedly, Pei Feng actually brought his luggage to the competition?

Jiang Shaoyu saw Pei Feng’s eager eyes and couldn’t bear to refuse. He had to nod. “Okay, go and get it.”

Pei Feng quickly turned around and entered the elevator.

He went back to his room to pick up the suitcase, took the key card and checked out at the hotel’s front desk. Then he quickly walked over to the car and loaded the luggage with one hand.

This mini van could seat eight people and was very spacious.

Pei Feng got into the car and took the initiative to sit next to Jiang Shaoyu. He smiled at his master.

The vein on Jiang Shaoyu’s temple twitched slightly. His apprentice had always been quick in taking action. He had twice run directly to the gate of the national team to block people, making them unable to refuse. Now he came to the competition with his packed luggage and moved to the national team immediately after the competition. It was amazing.

Yu Mingxiang sat in the front row and joked, “Xiao Pei, are you so active? You came to the competition with your luggage and you are so anxious to go to the national team. You don’t want to wait even a day?”

Pei Feng explained, “Sister Yu, I recently happened to be living in the capital. In any case, I am alone. I thought that after playing the competition, I should just go to the national team’s base to familiarize myself with the environment. This time, I brought some toiletries and clothes first. I can go back if I am missing anything.”

He lived in the capital and it was really convenient to come and go.

Yu Mingxiang didn’t think much of it and said enthusiastically, “It is just right. You are the first player to stay in the national team for the sixth season.”

Jiang Shaoyu emphatically said, “It is a youth trainee.”

Pei Feng smiled. “I know, Coach Jiang. I am now a student of the national team’s youth training camp. Being selected to join the official team or not depends on my follow-up performance.”

Jiang Shaoyu looked over at him. “Yes, don’t think that I will directly select you to join the national team just because you are my apprentice and won the Rising Stars Cup. You are on par with the other students of the training camp. Don’t let up until the roster for the next national team is officially decided.”

Jiang Shaoyu’s eyes were very good-looking. In particular, they were clear and bright when he was looking at someone seriously. It was as if he could see into people’s hearts.

Pei Feng met his eyes and smiled slightly. “I know. I will listen to Coach Jiang’s instructions.”

The two of them looked at each other. After a few seconds, Jiang Shaoyu uncomfortably removed his gaze and looked out the window.

He just said this because he didn’t want his apprentice to slack off.

In fact, Jiang Shaoyu had long been sure that Pei Feng would be selected for the next national team. Pei Feng was a player with very rich tactical ideas. He had a strong view of the overall situation and could take the commanding position. Moreover, he could play five professions and could greatly enrich the tactics of the national team as a free person.