Chapter 57

Chapter 57: Face to Face Review

Among the TNG players, Lu Xingyun and Zhang Yue were the only ones who had seen Coach Jiang in the national team. The others didn’t know Jiang Shaoyu. Moreover, these newcomers hadn’t experienced the era of the S3 season and only heard the name of God Wing. They didn’t know what God Wing looked like. They saw him coming in with Vice-chairman Qi and everyone thought he was just a staff member of the league.

However, the moment Shu Chen saw Jiang Shaoyu, his eyes lit up and he clenched his hands hard. It was Brother Yu! After five years of not seeing each other, he still recognized Brother Yu at first glance. It was the former captain of the ACE team who treated him like a brother!

Shu Chen’s nose was bitter as he remembered Jiang Shaoyu’s tolerance and care for him during his time at ACE. He didn’t know what to say on such an occasion. He couldn’t stand up and spoke so he could only lower his sense of existence. He silently hid in the back and lowered his head.

Qi Heng always had a hot temper. He had kicked in the door just now and he was so aggressive that all the team members were shocked.

Manager Zhao’s face was ashen. Before he could open his mouth to ease the atmosphere, he heard Qi Heng scolding them. “It turns out that this is the state of your daily training? Every time I came to TNG for a discipline inspection, you were serious and diligent. It is because you received a notice in advance so you put on a show for me, right? If I hadn’t looked at the door number of the TNG training room, I would’ve thought I came to a market!”

Everyone: “……”

The players lowered their heads in unison and the manager and coaching staff had ugly expressions. A market? This noisy appearance really was like a market!

Qi Heng’s eyes swept over the group. “Eat seafood? If I remember correctly, TNG has a match in three days. During the daily training time in the afternoon, you play a training session with casual smiles and dirty words and you don’t even know how to review the match? Instead, you are discussing where to eat seafood? You are really good!”

Compared to Vice-chairman Qi’s fury, Jiang Shaoyu was a bit too calm. There was still no expression on his face but his indifferent gaze penetrated their hearts like sharp arrows. The hairs on the back of the newcomers stood up when they saw this but they didn’t dare ask about the identity of this person.

Manager Zhao hurriedly came out to smooth things over. “Cough, Vice-chairman Qi and the coaching staff of the national team came to our club today for an inspection… This is Coach Jiang of the national team and he watched the match just now. You guys, you have been training until 3 o’clock at night for a few days. Old Xu saw that you were too tired and let you take half a day off today to rest. This made you relax your vigilance and you played the training match with casual smiles. You should really be scolded!”

Manager Zhao was worthy of being an old fox. The explanation of ‘training until 3 o’clock at night for a few days and you got half a day off today’ saved a bit of face regarding TNG’s behavior. Of course, both Qi Heng and Jiang Shaoyu knew that he was fooling around. If the TNG players had the spirit to train so hard then would they be like that in today’s training match?

The players heard Manager Zhao’s words and finally understood. The person who was staring at them coldly was the legendary God Wing, the head coach of the national team! Vice-chairman Qi brought the national team’s coach to raid and inspect the club. The former was to check discipline and was there any need to ask about what the latter was doing? It was obviously watching everyone’s daily performance to select the members of the national team… It was over! Their performance today was worse than awful!