- 𝐨𝐧𝐞

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🅾︎🅽︎🅴︎

SIRENS SCREAMED FROM behind the olive green Mustang, and Kali Griffin swerved her car around a sharp corner, gloved hands gripping the wheel. She went faster and faster, grinning as her younger brother got lost into his trance, taking down every police car that raced at them with nothing but his mind.

Gas explosions could be heard from behind them, the screams of cops as they burnt alive, but Kali only continued to speed faster in the four wheels of her green Mustang. She let out a loud whoop when they crashed onto the highroad again, their drive smooth and speedy as the police chase was left in the town behind. Kali turned to her little brother, raising one leather, gloved hand in the air.

Cole smiled back lightly, reaching his up, too, and high-fived the girl. He didn't say anything, but continued to smile on their way back home, wiping the blood from his nose with the sleeve of his jacket.

The ride home after a run was always long, Kali often finding herself missing as she drove so far away so fast that she wasn't able to keep up with her random directions. At the back of her car was a cabinet full of files she stole from the mayorʼs office, the contents inside being so important, so secretive, that the government would've killed her just for breathing near them.

Kali didn't care, though — the government wanted to kill her, anyway.

"We'll drop these off to Murray tomorrow after school," she said, glancing to her side, only to find that Cole had dropped to sleep, exhausted after using his powers for so long. Kali smiled lightly, taking her hand off the wheel to shrug off her jacket, laying it over her brotherʼs body to keep him warm.

Kaliʼs car was loud, and she drove so recklessly that even a fireman would be shocked by the speed. Her tyres squealed as they flew by streets, burning marks into the roads they drove across, alerting everybody from inside their homes.

Tonight, Nancy Wheeler was a victim of the noise, so loud that it could make a bird cry. She flinched at the sudden sound, having been distracted on the phone to Steve Harrington for so many hours that she almost forgot that the rest of the world existed.

She stood up from her bed, stepping closer to her window to check it out curiously. Her lips parted slightly at the sight ahead of her, that olive green Mustang being recognisable to any teen in town. She furrowed her brows, wondering what might've been going on inside. Kali was interesting, but she was crazy. There was something about her that brought people in, but another thing that kept people away. Nancy, herself, being the good girl she was, did everything she could to keep her distance from the girl.

However, that didn't mean she didn't wonder sometimes.

"...What's up?" Steveʼs sudden question snapped Nancy back into the real world, her eyes leaving the green car as it sped away into the darkness.