- 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

AS THEY DROVE UP TO send Eddie Munson some supplies the next morning, Kali found herself in the back of the car, sipping on beers they'd managed to buy for him, due to Steve looking over the age limit, which offended him very much

Sitting beside her, Lucas frowned. "Hypocrite," he accused, to which she offered him a sip.

"Are we still picking up my car today?" she asked. "I'll teach you to drive so you don't mess it up next time."

Lucas nodded eagerly, a small smile growing on his face. "Can you come to my next basketball game?" he asked hopefully.

Kali smiled back at him, nodding. "I'll see what I can do," she promised.

"Kali, get off the beer," Nancy said, shaking her head with a sigh as she reached back to pull the bottle from her grasp. "It's Eddieʼs."

Childishly, Kali rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in response. Things went straight back to normal between the two of them after last night, like nothing had ever — almost — happened in the first place. If it weren't for all the chaos going on in their lives, it would've been the only thing on their minds, but both girls were good at pushing away their personal feelings in order to deal with more important situations. Still, though, they were both dying to deal with it in different ways: Kali wanted to move on and pretend it never happened — so this way was working in her favour —, and Nancy needed to talk about it before she exploded — which was why she told Riley about it last night. That was simply how they dealt with things.

Nancy grinned at Kali through her mirror, her eyes sparkling at the sight of her. She was supposed to leave yesterday, but she stayed. A small, selfish part of Nancy hoped that she'd never leave. She couldn't imagine going back to a life without her, it was soul-crushing.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this bit? ʼcause this is gonna totally and royally suck," Robin said, sitting beside Nancy in the passenger seat due to a game called shotgun.

"It'll be fine," Nancy assured her, shaking her head and taking her eyes off Kali to look back at the road ahead.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddieʼs break again." Robin frowned sadly. "I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve pointed out, holding up a pack of opened beers as he stuffed his face with chips.

Kali turned around to see what he was doing, then looked back at Nancy. "How come he's allowed to eat Eddieʼs stuff?" she asked, glaring at Steve.

Steve stuck his tongue out at her.

"He's not." Nancy sighed. "Can you two just stop acting like children for one minute?"

"That's impossible for St —"

"You!" the boy jumped in quickly. "That's impossible for you."