- 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🆂︎🅴︎🆅︎🅴︎🅽︎Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓞ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓔ︎

Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓞ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓔ︎

HAVING BEEN STUCK IN THE chiefʼs office all afternoon, Kali had no idea that Jonathanʼs mom had came in and spoken to him. She also had no idea that the boy decided to break down and blurt their entire plan to his mom. Nancy assured her that it was alright, that they could trust Joyce and Hopper, but Kali was still angry. She didn't know Joyce, therefore she didn't trust the woman. At least she only told Nancy about Eleven and the lab — if Jonathan let all that out his mouth, she really would've killed him.

"And how did you get involved with all of this?" Hopper questioned, directing his eyes on Kali, who simply stared back at him expressionlessly. He shrugged. "You have no friends."

Kali shrugged. "People were dying, it sounded fun," she lied.

Hopper nodded. "So it has nothing to do with where Cole has been for the last fifteen days?" he asked her, and the girl froze, glaring at him. "I checked in at his school, wasn't there. Neither were you."

"Cole's fine," Kali told him sharply.

Hopper raised his hands in defence. "Alright, alright."

Joyce furrowed her brows. "Who's...who's Cole?" she asked slowly.

"No one," Kali answered.

Hopper sighed, taking the photograph Jonathan had given them. "You say blood draws this thing?" he asked.

"We don't know," Jonathan said, his leg bouncing up and down with nerves.

"It's just a theory," added Nancy.

Joyce sighed, claiming she needed to take Jonathan out for a talk. They went out into the corridor together, leaving the other three alone in the office.

Hopper turned to Kali, knowing there was more to it. "Where's the kid, then?" he questioned her. "I know you don't like him off school."

Kali stared back at him, but didn't answer.

Nancy put her naked palm over her gloved hand in comfort, giving it a light squeeze.

"Kal, I've told you a million times over the years," Hopper went on. "If you don't tell us anything, we can't help you."

"You can't help anyway," she told him.

"What makes you so sure of that?"

Nancy looked at Kali for a moment, trying to get a good read out of her. But, as always, there was nothing you could catch from her face.

There was a loud chatter across her hall, which distracted them all from their conversation. Hopper sighed, knowing he'd have to go and check it out.

Once they were left completely alone, Nancy turned to Kali, her hand still on hers. "You can't trust him?" she asked.