- 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🆃︎🅷︎🆁︎🅴︎🅴︎

AN EXTREMELY HUNGOVER NANCY WHEELER sat up on her bed the following morning. She put a small pill down her throat and washed it down with water, hoping it would help ease the incredible pain in her head. "I know what I saw," she said quietly, shaking her head. "I know it was Kali."

Sitting beside her, Jonathan frowned lightly. He stayed over last night incase Nancy needed somebody to pull back her hair as she viciously vomited into the toilet seat, and all morning she'd been going on about how she'd seen the girl last night. "Kali left," he reminded her sadly, honestly missing their friend a lot more than he though he would.

"So, what?" asked Nancy with a shrug, pouting. "You don't believe me?"

Jonathan shook his head, not sure how to put the words. He knew Nancy had been going through a lot lately, visiting Barbʼs parents and being in a confusing relationship, but he also knew she missed Kali more than anything. It often felt like she was the only person she ever spoke about, and now she was convinced she'd seen her again after all this time.

"I'm not saying that," he said softly. "But last night..." He shook his head again. "Nancy, you were so drunk you thought a stop sign was Slenderman."

Nancy sighed. "I know I saw Kali," she repeated, glancing over her window. "She was right there. Next to the woods."

Jonathan frowned. "Just...make sure you stay hydrated, okay?"

Nancy nodded, not responding, too busy staring out the window. She could've sworn...

༄༄༄

RIGHT ACROSS TOWN, COLE GRIFFIN woke up to an extremely awkward breakfast. He kept his head bowed down the entire time, and every few moments he'd take a small bite of his bread, making sure nobody was watching him. Cole didn't like to break rules, and he was always terrified of the consequences. At the lab, if he broke a rule, he'd he electrocuted; he had scars all down his arms that would prove it, and he'd never, ever want to relive it. So, after breaking rules last night with Eleven, he felt sick at the thought of eating with Hopper.

He was scared of Hopper.

Meanwhile, the stubborn sisters bearly blinked at their wrongs, refusing to admit they were in the wrong at all. Kali crossed her arms after finishing her French toast and Eleven completely gave their found father the silent treatment.

But Hopper really was trying with the kids, although it was hard because these kids were different. They'd been through more. Such small things turned into the size of the universe for them.