- 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🆃︎🆆︎🅾︎

HALLOWEEN HAD SINCE APPROACHED, AND Eleven wanted to leave the house now more than ever — so much that she and Cole spent all afternoon that day cutting out holes into spare bedsheets to fling over their bodies as homemade ghost costumes. Kali, who had spent the entire day on her bed, listening to songs on her Walkman had no idea of their plan. Ever since living with Nancy, Kali couldn't get enough of Madonna and her music.

However, when Hopper woke up to make breakfast the following morning, she finally figured out what the kids were up to. If it wouldn't put them in immediate danger, Kali would've snuck them out to see their friends herself, but the last thing she wanted was to get Cole and Eleven in trouble — or worse, caught by the government baddies or the lab villains.

They both wore the costumes to breakfast, scaring their father out of his mind when he turned around find them standing right behind him. "Oh, Jesus!" he cursed, then went back to preparing the French toast.

"Ghost," said Eleven simply.

He nodded, walking around towards their small table to put out there food. Everyone had French toast for breakfast (and Eleven also had an Eggo), whilst Cole had a simple piece of bread and butter. Hopper found it quite depressing, but it was all the boy would eat lately. "Yeah, I see that," he responded boredly.

"Halloween," the girl went on.

"Sure is." His voice was sarcastic, and he knew exactly what the younger kids were getting at. "But, right now, it's breakfast, okay? Come on, let's eat." Hopper sighed, looking around. "Where's Kali? Kal!"

Surely, Kali entered the room at the sound of her name being called, rubbing her tired eyes. She stopped at the sight of her small siblings, nodding, but didn't say anything.

"Didn't get much sleep again?" Jim asked, seeing the exhaustion behind her eyes.

Kali shook her head in response, nodding for Cole to come and sit with them.

He didn't move, too busy with Eleven.

"They wouldn't see us," said El, determined to get to her friends again.

"Who wouldn't see you?" asked Hopper, handing the coffee over to the older girl. He knew what Eleven was talking about, but he was poorly attempting to dismiss it at all costs.

"The bad men," she answered, and Cole nodded.

"What are you talking about?"

"Trick or treat," Eleven said.

Hopper sighed. "You wanna go trick or treating?" he asked, glancing at Kali for a moment, before turning back to them.

Neither Eleven or Cole answered.

"You know the rules," he told them, standing up.

"Yes, but —"

"Yeah, so you know the answer," he said, leading Eleven to her seat.