- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🅴︎🅸︎🅶︎🅷︎🆃︎Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ ⓉⒽ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓔ︎

Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ ⓉⒽ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓔ︎

FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS, NOBODY really knew what was going on. Will was still asleep, and Jonathan refused to leave his side, not even to get a glass of water, blaming himself for not being there. Their mom was around, blowing away her snot and tears subtly so her kids wouldn't see her upset. Hopper was shouting down the phone to every military or government person he could get his hands on, trying to explain the situation at the lab without sounding like a lunatic. Nancy was using a different phone, updating Murray on everything that was going on, whilst also giving Kali some space to think about everything she said.

And Kali — she sat in the kitchen with Steve and the younger kids, listening to what they had to say about everything. After last year, after Kali saved his life, the two older teens had an unspoken agreement to be civil with each other, despite all the tension with the Nancy stuff. They weren't friends, but they weren't enemies anymore, either. Or, Kali didn't feel like murdering him and Steve didn't feel like she was a psycho, at least.

"Is Will gonna be okay?" Mike spoke up worriedly, eyes trained on the room ahead of them, where his best friend was laid on a couch, completely passed out.

Kali turned to him. "No," she answered bluntly.

"Yeah, he'll be fine," Steve answered at the same time, then sent the girl an ʼare you insaneʼ look. "Jesus, have you never babysat before?"

Kali nodded. "I raised my little brother," she informed him simply.

"You have a brother?" he asked.

"Yeah!" exclaimed Dustin from his seat. "Cole's cool as shit! He can move things with his mind!"

Steve nodded slowly.

The sound of a phone slamming agaisnt a wall made them all look up to see Hopper, who was visibly disappointed and irritated with the people on the other end.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" stated Dustin.

Hopper turned around to face the kids. "We'll see," said the chief.

"We'll see?" echoed Mike. "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"We stay here, and we wait for help," Hopper told the boy firmly, before leaving them.

The kids all huffed and leaned back into their seats.

"Nice hands," Lucas commented, nodding to Kali, who deadpanned him.