- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

(one month later)

(one month later)

SIRENS BLASTED AWAY AS KALI drove at lightning speed in her olive green, rusty Mustang. She wasn't exactly sure why she was being chased, but she did have a lot of crimes that were due to be caught up on her back.

It had been months since they fled Hawkins, months since they'd seen Murray last with a ton of boxes, months since Indiana, months since Nancy and the chaos back at home. Christmas was flooding in and everywhere was controlled by hogs of people, screaming and fighting over worthless toys and presents. Kali and Cole had never experienced a Christmas before, and so they never quite understood the point of it. They weren't sure what state they were in now, but they'd been in and out of towns for a month.

Cole, who laid in the backseats, shivering over the winter weather with nothing but a blanket, looked behind. He was too tired to do anything, and he knew Kali could get them away on her own, anyway. They were professionals at running away, at this point.

"Crap," Kali cursed, the car flying forward into breaks. The traffic ahead of them was much too big to cut through. She didn't even have a chance to kill everyone and run before the cop car behind paused, and a manʼs figure went towards her.

Coleʼs eyes went wide and a flash of fear ran over his face.

Kali started to take off her gloves as the cop got closer.

There was a tap at the window and she was ready to strike.

However, rather than a regular police man approaching them, the man that met them at the window was familiar. He took his chiefʼs hat off and sent the kids a warm smile. The sight of him made the girl put her gloves back on.

"I've been looking for you two for a while," said Jim Hopper, nodding back to his car. "Come with me. You look like you're gonna freeze."

Kali blinked plainly at him, then glanced at Cole. He was so cold he was turning blue.

She sighed, turning back at the officer. "Where?"

Hopper smiled warmly. "I've got a cabin in the woods," he explained. "Elevenʼs with me. She's alive. I can keep you safe."

"Fine." Kali sent him a straight look. "But we want pizza."

Hopper chuckled. "I'll make a stop on the way."

A/N: dw, we're getting our girls back!!