- 𝐬𝐢𝐱

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🅵︎🅸︎🆅︎🅴︎Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓞ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓔ︎

Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓞ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓔ︎

NANCY WHEELER SIMPLY WATCHED AS Kali listened to the music through her walkman. She played the same song every time - one sung by Madonna, Over and Over - Kali seemed to really enjoy it. Ironically, she listened to it over and over again. Each time it finished, she played it again, rewinded it and put it back to the start. Nancy had never seen her focus on something before, and, like everything about the Griffin girl, it intrigued her.

It was the morning of Will Byersʼs funeral, and the whole town was invited. Kali was staying at home, though, knowing that somebody from the lab would be there, stalking around in plain sight. Every day, she grew more comfortable in the Wheeler home, more at peace with all the different characters that lived there. She didn't even mind the dad and his sarcasm that more anymore.

Kali rested on her stomach, making eye contact with Nancy through the mirror, who seemed less than unhappy to he attending the funeral. Both girls knew that what she really wanted was to have one for Barb. Not because she wanted her to be dead, not because she lost hope, but for closure. Closure was what Nancy wanted.

"You look nice," Kali complimented blandly.

Nancy blinked, turning around to face the girl, not expecting her to ever say such a thing. Kali glanced back down at the bed when Nancy smiled at her, trying to repress her own. It was weird, but it was their normal now.

"Thanks." Nancy smiled even more, feeling a light blush rise to her cheeks. "I'll see you tonight."

Kali didn't respond, getting soaked back into her music.

༄༄༄

NANCY AND JONATHAN RETURNED TO THE Wheeler home the moment the funeral was over to get Kali. She'd spent the entire day in bed, mainly thinking about Cole, where he was, what was going on. He was a sensitive kid, one who couldn't deal with much. The trauma from the lab left him wounded for life, he couldn't even speak anymore. Kali knew he couldn't live alone in the world, that he couldn't live without her. His sister, his protector. She almost felt as though she failed him.

Her ears perked up at the sound of the front door opening, and she lifted herself up on the bed cautiously. Although she was getting more comfortable, Kali was constantly reminding herself that this wasn't permanent, that eventually Brenner would figure out where she was. The second she got Cole back, she had to leave town. She had to leave Nancy. She didn't know how she felt about that just yet.

However, when she saw Nancyʼs face, her strong stance immediately softened. She knew she shouldn't, she knew it was wrong, but Kali couldn't stop herself from trusting the Wheeler girl a little. She couldn't ever explain the feeling, but something about Nancy was warm. Safe.