- 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

NANCY WHEELER HELD HER GLARE, keeping her face sharp as though she was challenging the colossal monster standing above the house

NANCY WHEELER HELD HER GLARE, keeping her face sharp as though she was challenging the colossal monster standing above the house. Her shotgun was pointed right at it, and she refused to stop shooting at any cost. She didn't care that the Mind Flayer was getting angry, she didn't care that he was here to attack everyone — in this moment, all she cared about was killing it, destroying it, for what he did to her Kali.

Although, she knew a simple shotgun wasn't going to make much of an impact. Nancy knew she wasn't going to win this fight — not right now, at least. But she didn't stop trying. She was trying to protect the kids, she was trying to scare it away, she was trying to get revenge for what it put her girlfriend through. Nancy didn't even care how he died, she just wanted it to hurt.

Nancy knew from the beginning of this fight that she wasn't nearly strong enough to take on the Mind Flayer on her own, with nothing but a shotgun, but she tried anyway. She'd try anything to attempt keeping her loved ones safe — that was one of the few things she and Kali had in common, they were both fiercely loyal and protective over the people they were in love with.

And that was why she wasn't surprised when the monster used its lumped, moldy skin, made of human corpses, to grab her. However, that didn't necessarily mean she wasn't terrified. It was strong and smelly and its touch made her stomach squeeze. She could feels parts of its skin sticking at her body and sucking against her skin with its hands made of teeth.

"NANCY!" Riley Minh cried out in horror, standing beside Jonathan, who held an axe and stood protectively in front of his girlfriend and the kids.

Nancy screamed and shook her head, desperately trying to free herself from his mighty grasp, scared for her life. She could feel the teeth dig further through her body, searching for her heart, squeezing at her chest and filling her with such a horrific, indescribable kind of pain.

Once it found that spot through her skin, once it prepared to finally dig through it and tear out her heart, Nancy found herself in a situation where she had nothing left to do. She'd dropped her gun, and now this thing was going to kill her, while she had no defence. Jonathan was trying to fight it, but it only used another one of its hands to restrain him, Riley had no experience with this kind of thing and the kids were all too shocked to move. So there really was nothing left for her to do. Nothing for Nancy to try.

And, for the very first time in a very long time, Nancy found herself unable to fight back, so she shut her eyes. She shut her eyes and waited.

However, moments passed, and nothing happened. The Mind Flayer seemed to have frozen above her chest. Nancy held her eyes shut for this time, not sure what was going on but too afraid to look. Then, the monster shook. It shook and it roared, and all the pieces came together in Nancyʼs mind. She knew only one person who was capable of shaking up an entire monster, and that was her hero, her warrior, Kali Hopper.

Upon the realisation, Nancyʼs eyes dashed open without a sparing second of fear. And there she was — the girl she'd been worrying about all day, a haunting expression of determination and anger on her face as she pressed her palms against the Mind Flayerʼs arms.