- 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🆂︎🅸︎🆇︎

STEPPING INTO THE OTHER WORLD, a chilling feeling ran its course through Kaliʼs insides. It was cold, dark, slimy and rotten, and it seemed as though the emptiness went on forever. Her gloves were off, and she could feel her sparks free themselves from the chains they were trapped under; she could hear the whispers they sent to her ears, telling her to do bad things.

However, for the very first time in her life, Kali didn't listen to her electricity. She didn't let her powers control her. Her mind was set, and it was set on one thing only.

Nancy Wheeler.

She had to rescue Nancy.

"KALI! JONATHAN! I'M RIGHT HERE! I'M RIGHT HERE!"

Kali raced forward at the voice, hearing Jonathan call their names from the other side. Her palms sparked as she ran and the ground beneath her burnt to a crisp. She was feeling a lot — angry, worried, determined —, but she was in control. She was in control of what she could do. She was in control of who she hurt.

She could see a clear trail of blood, where the monster had viciously dragged Nancy away by her bleeding ankles. She could see dents in the mud, from where Nancy had tried digging her finger nails in to save herself. She could see stands of hair that had fallen out of Nancyʼs head from the stress of it all.

And, lastly, she could see Nancy. Being clawed at by a faceless monster, screaming at the top of her lungs, it was Nancy.

Kali wasted no time before leaping onto itʼs back, pressing her bare palms against itʼs slimy skin. It cried out in pain, shaking from the electricity, and let go of Nancy to try and shrug off the girl on itʼs back.

But Kali did not move. Fearlessly, she strangled the monster by the throat, squeezing it tighter and watching carefully until she could see the life fall out of itʼs body, until she could see the soul escape itʼs mouth as it let out one last, deadly cry. Then, it dropped. It died. It left.

When the girls turned to each other again, Nancyʼs eyes were wide. Kaliʼs jaw was clenched, and there was no emotion behind those brown eyes, no way Nancy could figure anything out.

"Get up," Kali ordered. "We have to leave before more come."

As they walked back to the tree, both girls could hear Jonathan still screaming their names, calling for them in a tight mixture of fear and panic. Kali lead the way, carefully staring down the area they stood in to make sure there were no more threats, whilst Nancy stuck behind, limping with her eyes still wide.