- 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🆃︎🅷︎🆁︎🅴︎🅴︎Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓞ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓔ︎

Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓞ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓔ︎

THE MAN STANDING in front of the children wore nothing but a friendly expression on his face, a nightmare dressed like a daydream. He was the father of them both, the man who raised them, the man who used them. The man who abused them so badly one of them didn't speak and the other didn't smile. He was their enemy.

In an ideal world, Kali would've taken Dr. Brenner down there and then. She wanted to, she really wanted to, she even needed to — but she could not. She could not bring herself to murder the man she called ʼPapaʼ for all those years. Not because she didn't want to, not because she had morals, but because he had an army of guards standing around him, wearing protective gear so that the electric girl could not harm them.

"We'll be taking you home now, 014." Brennerʼs voice was soft, scary, and he sent a kind nod towards Cole. Then, he turned to Kali. "Unfortunately, for the first time, 007, my tests have proven me wrong. You are beyond control, you are a danger to our society. We do not need you anymore."

Cole gulped, and he turned to face his sister with watering eyes. He was a sensitive child, more emotional than an elephant, and it took the smallest thing to set him off the edge. But this wasn't a small thing. This was Kali — his sister, his protecter. This was the lab — his enemy, his abuser. It made him go cold, feel small, and he froze in his place when one of the guards touched him.

"Thank you for your collaboration, 014," said Brenner, smiling at the boy. "I shall ask the same for you, 007, though I'm not very confident on your cooperation."

Kali took her chance to run her eyes over the men in her building, pausing on the one who had his arms around Cole, squeezing the boy into his place, not letting him have air to even breathe. Hands behind her back, the girl started to peel off her gloves, feeling the anger burn up under her skin. She felt the urge to kill, the electricity forcing its way out of her body.

So she let it out.

The sparks that rest underneath her skin went straight through the first manʼs protective uniform; he screamed, he cried, he seized and he died. It left Kali with a fearsome smirk, pulling away from his neck with her hands out and free, sparks flying everywhere, the roomʼs lights flicking on and off every split second.

Now that Cole was free, also, he managed to throw a few guards back, who were coming for Kali. They held metal bats in their hands, wearing cushioned gear to protect themselves from the girl. Nobody was quite worried about the little boy, he was never as strong as the others, but he was different now. Spending time with Kali had changed him, strengthened him.