- 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🅴︎🅸︎🅶︎🅷︎🆃︎

THINGS DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT. KALI, Jonathan and Nancy barely spoke two words to each other as they prepared themselves for the fight, and as the battle drew closer, the thick, intrusive, sweaty feeling of anxiety started to float in. They set up the traps, built weapons out of nothing and got ready for what was probably going to be the most eventful night of their lives, but they didn't speak. If they spoke, it was real. If they spoke, they were really going to go through with it. If they spoke, it felt like they might die.

Until, eventually, the entire home became a deadly prison for the monsters they were now calling demogorgans, and the three teens had to face the truth. Jonathan sighed and joined the two girls to make a circle. "Remember...," he said.

Nancy nodded. "Straight into Willʼs room. And —"

"Don't step on the trap."

"Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then..." Jonathan flicked his lighter with a nod. "Alright." He inhaled a breath, turning to Kali. "You ready?"

Kali nodded, taking off one glove. "This is gonna hurt," she warned seriously, and turned to Jonathan first.

The boy shut his eyes tight, flinching the second her skin touched his. It was only her finger tip, but it burned more than anything he'd ever experienced in his life. It was the most painful thing he'd ever endured and there was no money in the world that would persuade him into doing it again, but it did the job. He was bleeding.

Before she got too carried away, feeling the electricity run it's course through her body, feeling that way she did when it tried taking over her mind, feeling the urge to kill, Kali pulled away. She didn't let it control her.

Papa would've been proud.

Kali turned to Nancy next. Nancy, who had been dying to feel her touch forever. Nancy, who was the last person in the world who she wanted to hurt. Nancy, who held out her palm and prepared for it.

"I'm ready," she said with a secure nod, noticing the hesitation in Kaliʼs eyes.

Kali bearly pressed her finger to the girlʼs palm before the sparks burst. She couldn't control it when it came to her; she singed Nancy with the gentlest touch, the burn went through layers and layers of her skin, causing the girl to squeeze her eyes shut, curling her toes, arching her back, in pain.

Nancy never knew touching a person could hurt so bad.

And that was when it hit both girls. The cold truth.