- 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

KALI GROANED AT THE SOUND of an alarm, hating the early mornings — and just waking up overall

KALI GROANED AT THE SOUND of an alarm, hating the early mornings — and just waking up overall. She rolled over in bed, keeping her arms wrapped firmly around her girlfriend, who chuckled at Kaliʼs stubborn ability to stay asleep through the morning. Nancy Wheeler never used to be late for school, but in the last month that they'd been dating, she'd been late twelve times and skipped seven entire days. She basically missed half a month of school.

"Kal, you're graduating this year," she said with a soft chuckle, attempting to wiggle out of her girlfriendʼs strong arms. "We really need to go, I promised Riles I'd help her get a last hour of studying in for chem."

Kali groaned again, squeezing Nancy tighter. "Who cares about chemistry?" she said, rolling her eyes. "I only ever used it to light cigarettes."

Giggling, Nancy turned around to face her girlfriend, a grin tugging at her lips when she met Kaliʼs incredibly soft morning eyes. "You smoked in chem class?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

Kali shrugged. "I smoked in every class," she told her, grinning back.

Nancy shook her head and chuckled, hearing her mom shout them for breakfast from downstairs. "Come on," she said, tugging Kaliʼs arm, "before Mike eats all the waffles."

"I'll kill that kid before he even thinks about touching my breakfast," Kali said seriously, causing her girl to laugh, knowing she was just joking.

"Come on," Nancy said again, finally sliding out of bed.

Kali pouted, still wrapped up in the sheets. "Now I'm cold," she complained.

"Get up!" Nancy giggled as Kali slowly sat up, positioning herself right in front of her and placing her hands on her waist, filling Nancy with all sorts of butterflies.

"Let me show you something first." Kali bit on her bottom lip, not taking her eyes off her girlfriendʼs as she started to lift up her shirt.

"Oh, my God," Nancy squealed. "My dad is in the room next door."

Kali smirked, still keeping her eyes on her. "You didn't mind it last night," she teased, adoring the way Nancy blushed.

Still smirking, Kali used her other hand to pull down the hem of her frilly, pink pyjama shorts, which belonged to the girl standing opposite her, revealing a tattoo that made Nancyʼs breath hitch. She knew every single one of her girlfriendʼs tattoos, she often used her index finger to trace over every single one of them as they went to sleep at night, but Kali didn't talk about them that much.

This one, however, was Nancyʼs favourite. It was the one just above her waistline that drove her insane with questions. The one she found that night at the motel. The gloved hand and the pistol.

"I got it for you," Kali revealed after months of anticipation. "You're the gun, I'm the glove." She smiled at her girl, moving her hands so that they were back onto her waist. "I used to think I'd never be able to touch you. Now I'm lucky enough to do this." Slowly, she rose over the bed, standing up to pull Nancy closer, leaning in for a soft kiss that drove the girl mad.