- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🅽︎🅸︎🅽︎🅴︎Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓣ︎Ⓗ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓔ︎

Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓣ︎Ⓗ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓔ︎

ONE MONTH HAD PASSED SINCE the Upside Down was shut forever, and it was finally the day Kali Hopper had dreamed of forever. The lab was shut down. Officially. It could never hurt her, it could never hurt Cole, it could never hurt Eleven, or any other child, again. The monsters were all gone, and she was safe. Safe was a foreign feeling to Kali, but it was one she already loved.

Barbara Holland was put to rest at last with a funeral, surrounded by family and close friends, which gave Nancy Wheeler the closure she needed to move on and start a new, much happier chapter in her life with the girl she loved and adored more than anything.

"You're telling me you've never celebrated Christmas?" Nancy questioned unbelievingly, shaking her head with a giggle.

"Never," said Kali seriously. "I didn't know what it was until I was fourteen."

"How did you not know what Christmas is?" her girlfriend chuckled.

"I was kidnapped!" Kali expressed, laughing back.

They were laid on Kaliʼs bed, going through Christmas catalogues together, their minds at total peace. Nancy had her head on Kaliʼs shoulder and Kali wore the largest smile of her life, which was actually becoming a pretty common thing in her life, although she was still stone-cold and stubborn around most people. But, for a few lucky people, that ice melted straight into mush and love.

Kali rolled over onto her back, unable to repress her smile as Nancy laid beside her, putting her head on her chest. She wrapped her arm around the girlʼs shoulders and stared at the ceiling.

"Were going to have fun tonight," said Nancy, tracing patterns over Kaliʼs tattoos.

Kali nodded "Yeah, my kid is on his way here now," she told her. "I'm driving him."

Nancy looked up to meet Kaliʼs eye, raising a brow. "Your kid?" she asked.

"Yeah." Kali nodded. "Lucas."

Nancy shook her head, giggling.

There was a knock at the door, and Cole walked in with Eleven, the two of them dressed up for the middle school dance. "Lucas is here," said the girl, and the boy nodded.

Kali and Nancy slid off the bed, leaving the room.

"You look beautiful, El," Nancy complimented, wrapping her arms around her girlfriendʼs sister. "Mike is going to be speechless when he sees you tonight."

Cole smiled and nodded in agreement, going back into the living room to sit with his dad as they watched the rest of their movie. Cole wasn't scared of a single person in his home anymore, and he was so comfortable and content with the place he was in. Hopper opened up his arms and embraced his son as they sat together, causing his oldest child to smile softly at them from behind.

Seeing Lucas standing at the doorway, Kali went towards him, fixing up his blazer. "Perfect," she said with a nod. "Don't stumble on your words."

Lucas nodded. "And don't let Dustin win," he added, and Kali nodded again.

Standing behind them, Nancy wrapped her arms around Kaliʼs waist, hugging her from behind and releasing a nest of butterflies into her girlʼs stomach. "Are you and Steve seriously competing against each other using kidsʼ romances?" she asked, resting her chin on Kaliʼs shoulder and raising a brow in disbelief.

"Yes," said Kali with a nod, helping Lucas with his tie. "And we're gonna win."

Nancy shook her head, a grin playing at her lips.

Once everything was settled and sorted, Kali reached out to take Nancyʼs hand. "Is everyone ready?" she asked, and led Lucas, Eleven and Cole outside to her car.

"I want you all back for eight!" Hopper called after them.

"I'll make sure they're home for seven!" Nancy called back.

Sitting at the front of the car, she turned to Kali with the softest smile money could buy. "I love you," she said, putting her hand over her thigh.

Kali put her hand over Nancyʼs, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I love you, too."

A/N: and season two is

A/N: and season two is...done!!

new character alert!!
meet Riley Minh:

ugh, i'm so excited for everything i have planned for season three

ugh, i'm so excited for everything i have planned for season three. here's what to expect:

— kali being a big sister to EVERYONE

— A LOT of nali

— some more jonathan/kali/nancy scenes bc they're the main trio of this story

— cole making bonds that help his anxiety

— cole having his very own storyline with the scoops troop

— kali and mikeʼs casual arguments

— and pure heartbreak

love, tay </3