- 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🅵︎🅾︎🆄︎🆁︎

KALI AND COLE SAT IN the boyʼs room as Eleven and Hopper came home that day. El had left to go and see Mike, but returned too late at the same time as Hopper did. The two of them blew up, and their father figure was more angry than ever, raising his voice to the point where birds were running away when they heard his booms.

Cole wrapped his arms around his legs, taking in deep breaths, and knocked his head down in between them. So many things ran through his mind, and the shouting of both Eleven and Hopper overwhelmed him to the verge of a panic attack. He couldn't breathe, he was back in that place again. They were coming for him. They were coming back to hurt him.

Sighing, Kali got up and left the room, heading straight to hers, where the route of the argument was. "Shut up," she ordered them both. "Shut up and apologise."

Eleven blinked at her. "Apologise?"

"To Cole," she clarified with a nod, turning to Hopper. "You scare him."

The cold statement made Hopperʼs face soften, and he quickly left the room to go and see the boy, who was all panicked and sweaty.

As he left, Eleven started throwing things his way.

"HEY!" he barked.

Kali rolled her eyes and shut their bedroom door, causing El to glare at her.

However, it only took moments for the younger girl to break down, sliding to the ground as she gripped her hair tightly. "I just miss him," she sobbed. "I miss Mike."

Kali nodded undestandingly, crouching down to wipe the blood from Elevenʼs nose. "I know."

El shook her head. "He was with someone," she said. "Girl."

Crossing her legs and sitting beside her sister, Kali shrugged. "You want me to kill him?" she offered, and Eleven let out a snotty chuckle, sniffling and shaking her head.

"I don't want to be in here anymore."

Kali nodded, wrapping her arms around her. "I know."

༄༄༄

LATER ON, ONCE ELEVEN HAD fallen asleep, Kali left the room quietly, going out to check on Cole again. She liked to do small bed checks in the night — it comforted her to know that her family was safe. With a family like theirs, it was pretty common for one of them to be put down by something.