- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

🅴︎🅿︎🅸︎🆂︎🅾︎🅳︎🅴︎ 🅽︎🅸︎🅽︎🅴︎Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓣ︎Ⓦ︎Ⓞ︎

Ⓟ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓣ︎ Ⓣ︎Ⓦ︎Ⓞ︎

AFTER EVERYBODY LEFT, KALI FOUND herself in a situation she never quite imagined she'd ever be in. Alone, in a house, with Steve Harrington and a bunch of nerdy pre-teens. She sat at the kitchen table with Mike, not bothering to question why on Earth Dustin and Steve decided to put the dead Demo-dog into the fridge. Kali wasn't sure where Lucas and Max where, but they weren't the type to run away and do something stupid. That was usually up to Dustin and Mike.

"Shouldn't you be with Cole and El?" Mike pointed out.

"Shouldn't you be doing your homework?" Kali retorted.

Mike shook his head, ignoring her comment. "I don't trust Hopper with her."

Kali shrugged. "He doesn't trust you with her."

"You're not helping!"

"I'm not trying to."

She sighed, rolling her eyes at the worried expression on the boyʼs face. He cared a lot about Eleven, and he really did miss her over the year — she couldn't go a night without hearing his voice over the walkie talkie. Plus, he was Nancyʼs little brother.

"Eleven's tough, she can handle herself," she amended softly.

Mike shook his head at her, his eyes teary. "She's not as strong as everyone thinks," he said.

Kali shrugged. "If I didn't think she could do it, I'd kill every person in the room before I let her even think about stepping foot into that lab," she told him seriously, and Mike knew she wasn't lying.

The boy smiled lightly. "You're a good sister."

She nodded. "You're a bad brother."

Mike let out a small laugh before leaving to join Max and Lucas, wherever they were. However, despite Kaliʼs words, he still wasn't a hundred percent convinced. He felt as though he needed to do something, he needed to help. He hated the feeling of being useless.

༄༄༄

A SHORT WHILE HAD PASSED, and everyone in the house was trying to clean up — or, more likely, Kali, Steve and Dustin supervised the others whilst they cleaned up. The girl watched the two bicker over the dead creature in the refrigerator, Dustin and Steve going back and forth over who had to explain the situation to Joyce when she got home.

"Kali, back me up here," said Steve.

Dustin turned to him like he was insane. "Back you up?" he exclaimed madly. "Why would she ever back you up? She doesn't even like you!" He looked at her. "Kali, back me up."