- 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

RILEY MINH NEVER SWORE

RILEY MINH NEVER SWORE. SHE never cursed and she never raised her voice. She was a quiet girl, who never spoke out of line. But, as she watched Kali Hopper run away, she couldn't help but let out a small, "Shit."

"Riley, sweetie, is everything okay?" Karen Wheeler questioned, standing at her doorway.

Riley turned around to face her, pursing her lips and forcing them into a thin smile. "Yep, everything is fine," she squeaked. "Could I use your telephone? I really need to call Jonathan."

Karen nodded, stepping to the side she she could get past her and into the house again. "Of course."

༄༄༄

“I DON'T UNDERSTAND, YOU'VE SEEN this before?" Robin questioned in a panic, as they all rushed back down the stairs.

"Not exactly," Steve answered.

"Then what, exactly?"

"All you need to know is that it's bad," said Dustin.

"It's really bad," confirmed Steve.

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad."

Cole nodded, wanting to get as far away from the gate as possible.

Robin stopped them at the bottom of the steps, throwing her hand out at the boys. "And you know about this how?" she asked.

But before that question could be answered, Erica butted her way in. "Um, Steve?" she said, distracting everyone. "Where's your Russian friend?"

They all glanced down at the ground to find that the once passed-out man had disappeared. Then, an alarm started to blare.

"Shit," cursed Steve, running towards the door to see all the men in the centre panicking.

Feeling the alarm go in sync with his heart, Cole covered his ears. He hated loud noises. He hated them more than anything. The second somebody raised their voice, he felt like he could cry. An alarm was so much worse.

"Shit," Steve said again when a couple of guards noticed him.

Coleʼs chest wasn't working, and he wasn't sure if the world was spinning anymore. He was frozen, and time had stopped. Everything around him was moving, but he was on pause.

"Go, go, go! Come on!" Steve shouted at everyone, lifting Cole up onto his back again. "Let's go! Move it! Come on!"

However, the first door they went through was filled with Russian scientists, who all watched over the gate and caught the American kids.