April and Casey

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 7: April and Casey

The next day, The subject was waking up to the sound of Donatello unlocking the quarantine room door for him since the young turtle doesn't have a bedroom for now, he's comfortable staying in the quarantine room for the time being.

"Morning buddy" Donatello lively greeted his baby brother.

"And good morning to you too" The young turtle yawned as he stretched a bit. "So what do you want from me this time? Medication? Questions? ... a sample of my blood again?"

"Nope, just want to tell you that breakfast is ready" Donatello shook his head.

He gently escorts his young brother to the kitchen where everyone else was waiting and Leonardo was cooking the family breakfast this morning.

"Good morning, my son," Splinter happily greeted Michelangelo.

"Good morning sir" Michelangelo timidly greeted back.

"You don't have to call me sir, Michelangelo; we're family, you can call me father, dad or even sensei if you wish" Splinter reminded him.

"Yeah and you can call us brothers or by our names," said Donatello.

"Or you can go by our nicknames," Leonardo added. "For example, I go by Leo"

"I go by Donnie" Donnie chimed in.

"And people usually call me Raph," Raphael shrugged.

"Raph? I thought it'd be something like Raphie" said Michelangelo.

Leo and Donnie chuckled before Raph grumbled: "Don't call me that"

"Why? I reckon it's cute" Donnie teased.

"Shut up!" Raphael snapped.

"Now come along boys; let's not get into any arguments now" said Splinter.

"Sorry sensei" Donnie apologised.

"Breakfast is ready" Leonardo announced and served everyone pancakes.

Michelangelo looked at the new food before him to which Splinter asked: "Is something wrong, my son?"

"I don't know what this is," The turtle replied.

"This is called a pancake, it's food, mostly eaten at breakfast," Leonardo replied.

"OK" Michelangelo slowly nodded and was about to pick it up with his hands when Splinter stopped him.

"My son, there's a better way to eat food than to use your hands"

The mutated rat shows a knife and fork, much to Michelangelo's confusion before Leonardo joins in to help his baby brother.

"Here, let me show you how you do this, alright?"

The young turtle allowed Leo to show him how to eat properly at the table before Michelangelo got the hang of using a knife and fork and slowly ate the pancake with the family.

"There you go, buddy" Leonardo happily pats Michelangelo on the back.

"Thank you," Michelangelo softly thanked. "This is really good"

"You're welcome, my son" Splinter heartily smiled at the turtle..

"So ya really don't eat a lot of food back at that place?" Raphael questioned.

"No...all I ever ate in my life was algae and worms" Michelangelo replied.

"Ergh" Raphael reacted in disgust.