Joyride

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 12: Joyride

Raphael returns home late from patrol with his best friend, Casey before he notices Leo and Donnie hanging out with Mikey by the living room area; they were watching a movie together.

The red-masked turtle was surprised that his brothers were hanging out with Mikey and from the looks of it; things seemed to be peaceful and fun.

"Something on your mind, Raphael?"

Raph turns to Splinter, standing next to him as he grumbled: "No, I just got back"

Splinter let out a soft hum before he said: "If you want to join your brothers then go ahead, nobody is stopping you"

"It's not that...It's just..." Raphael replied.

"Just what?" Splinter gently pressed on.

"I'm just surprised to see Leo and Donnie like this with Mikey; even when we were kids we didn't have that much fun as it is, we spend most of our lives doing our own thing" Raphael replied.

"Perhaps Michelangelo is bringing the family closer, don't you think?" said Splinter.

"I dunno," Raphael shrugged.

"Well maybe you can spend some time with Michelangelo like Leonardo and Donatello had, get to know him personally; After all, since he is going to live here as your brother then the honourable thing to do would be to acknowledge each other as kin" Splinter explained.

"So ya telling me to go and hang out with Mikey?" Raphael quizzed.

"The choice is yours though I highly recommend it" Splinter nodded.

"Hey Raph" Mikey waved the red-masked turtle over with his brothers.

"You took longer tonight than usual," Leo pointed out.

"Had to stop to refill my ride with Casey" Raph shrugged.

"Well it's a good thing you're back because Mikey and I want to show you guys something" Donnie announced.

The smart turtle led the family to the garage/workshop and revealed the upgraded Turtle Hauler.

"Ta-da! What do you think of the paint job?" Mikey asked the family.

"You and Donnie painted the Turtle Hurler?" Raphael quizzed in amusement.

"Yeah, though it could use some color," Donnie nodded.

"Not bad," Raphael chuckled in amusement.

"Yes, this is such good work, boys" Splinter complemented both Donnie and Mikey.

"Thanks sir—I mean, sensei, sorry" Mikey awkwardly chuckled.

"Anyway, this machine is all ready to go whenever we are needed" Donnie winked at the family.

"So you guys go out in the city at night to patrol the streets? That's like the Batman comics Leo lets me read" Mikey pointed out.

"We don't wear hockey pads," Raph protested.

"Raph; look at your arms and legs" Leonardo scoffed.

Raphael suddenly remembers that they do wear pads on their elbows and knees.

"Fine but at least we don't sound like we swallowed marbles" Raphael grumbled.

"Fair enough" Leonardo shrugged.

"Am I going to join your patrols?" Mikey asked in curiosity.

"You will eventually but only when I say you're ready" Splinter replied.