Love?

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING GIF IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 14: Love?

Over the next week, Michelangelo kept quiet and distance from the gang. After learning what he has done, he felt shame and fear that he may be becoming an uncontrollable monster that will hurt anyone the next time he loses control of his feral stage.

Donatello gave him the increased dosage of the medication but it was only making Mikey worse day by day as he kept nearly losing control of himself, much to the family's concern.

He wouldn't speak to the family nor be in the same room with them, he would just stay in the quarantine room without having anything to do with the gang.

Leatherhead wanted to check on his dearest friend (secretly his crush) as it saddens him to see Michelangelo like this.

"He's been like this all week, you say?" Leatherhead asked the gang.

"Yeah, ever since that robot incident he's been quiet and distant from us" Leonardo replied.

"Why would he hide himself from you guys? He was really getting comfortable being around you" Leatherhead quizzed.

"He told me at one point when I went to give him food that ever since he destroyed that machine in his feral state, he fears he'll lose control again and attack us" Donatello sadly answered.

"That stupid jerks at the E.P.F! This is their fault!" Raphael growled.

"I feel the same way with you, Raphael...I can never forgive them for what they did to us, especially Michelangelo" Leatherhead agreed.

Splinter noticed how Leatherhead feels strongly about Michelangelo that seems to confirm more of his suspicion with the crocodile.

"Isn't there something we can do to get Mikey back on his feet? We were doing so well until the E.P.F ruined it" Leonardo asked.

"We'll figure out something; in the meantime, you three go and patrol the city, it's been a while since you three went out the surface" Splinter suggested.

"Of course, sensei," Leonardo bowed before his master.

"Maybe we'll find something that can help Mikey," Donnie suggested.

"Like what? More pizza?" Raphael shrugged.

"Be careful out there, my sons," Splinter called out.

As soon as the trio left the room, Splinter looks at Leatherhead and said: "Leatherhead, please join me in my room for a moment"

Leatherhead tilts his head in confusion and goes with the mutated rat to his room before he sits across to where Splinter was sitting near his table.

"Leatherhead, I sense there are some emotions you tend to hide around my son" Splinter started.

"You mean Michelangelo? What do you mean by my emotions?" Leatherhead quizzed.

"I sense you have feelings for Michelangelo; you see him as more than a dearest best friend to you" Splinter pointed out.

Leatherhead blushes at that point, clearing his throat: "I-I don't know what you mean, sir"

"Are you in love with my son, Leatherhead?" Splinter asked of Leatherhead, giving him a smirk.

"I...I don't know" Leatherhead shrugged.

"Tell me Leatherhead, how do you feel around Michelangelo lately?" Splinter questioned the crocodile: "And do not fret, this conversation will just be between the two of us"