Hanging Out

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 11: Hanging Out

The next day Michelangelo explores a bit of the lair, out of boredom and curiosity. He finds it amazing that his possible family could make a home so grand underneath a large city and have no one to suspect it except for a few friends.

He looked around a little more until he came across Leonardo's room and saw the turtle on the ground with his legs crossed.

The eldest appears to be meditating with his eyes closed, completely focusing on his senses around him as a master ninja like Splinter would do.

Thinking he might be intruding, Michelangelo was about to leave when he heard Leo say: "Can I help you, Mikey?"

The young turtle jumped at that and looked at the other turtle in bewilderment: "How...How did you know it was me?"

"I have great senses; one must have complete control of your senses involving everything that surrounds you" Leonardo replied.

"Well I'm no ninja, so I'm not exactly sure how that works" Mikey shrugged.

Leo just smiled with his eyes still closed: "You walked the quietest, quieter than sensei himself"

"I do?" Mikey quizzed.

"Mmm hmm; Raphael's always the noisiest and Donnie has a certain walk of walking around like a clock in rhythm with time" Leonardo explained.

"I see," Mikey nodded. "I don't mean to disturb you, so I'll just leave you now"

"No it's alright, come on in" Leonardo invited his baby brother in.

"Are you sure?" Mikey quizzed.

"I'm sure," Leonardo answered.

The young turtle awkwardly entered the room and sat by the eldest side.

"So...can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"Of course" Leo approved.

"Have you and the others been ninjas for your entire life?" Mikey asked.

"When we were six, Master Splinter taught us the way of ninjutsu and many other ways of the Hamato Clan," Leonardo replied.

"What exactly is the Hamato Clan?" Mikey asked another question.

"Remember how Master Splinter explained that he was a pet of a man named Hamato Yoshi when you first met April and Casey?" Leo started and as soon as Mikey nodded, he continued:

"That's how he learned the ways of the Hamato Clan..."

He went on explaining about how Splinter lost his beloved owner and Tang Shen to the Shredder and how he ended up stranded in New York City before getting mutated with them.

"I see...This Shredder...is he-?" Mikey quizzed.

"Dead, long gone" Leonardo answered. "So you don't have to worry about him at all"

"He's not what I'm worried about," Mikey mumbled.

The eldest turtle opens his eyes and scoots over to the kneeling young turtle: "What's on your mind?"

"Everything" Mikey sighs quietly.

Michelangelo was soon helped up to his feet and was escorted to the bed by Leonardo who sat down with him.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Leonardo asked.

"Look, I appreciate the kindness you guys are mostly doing for me but...what if it's proven useless to help me? What if I'm just a clone of a brother who may be long dead? For all I know..." Mikey halted.