Ambushed

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 8: Ambushed

Later at night, the gang left April and Casey's place to return home in the sewers.

"So what did you think of April and Casey?" Leo simply asked Mikey.

"They're very nice people" Mikey nodded with a smile.

"You can always rely on them for anything" Donnie patted Mikey on the back.

"Well I'm starving, is anyone up for burgers tonight?" Raph asked.

"What's a burger?" Mikey quizzed.

"You'll see," Leo chuckled.

Along the way, Michelangelo suddenly stops as he can sense something wicked nearby. It's unclear if it's due to his mutated senses or bad vibes from him but whenever something feels wrong, he has a certain feeling about this.

"Hey, are you alright?" Donnie quizzed.

"Something's wrong...we're not alone" Michelangelo shuddered.

"Wot are ya saying?" Raphael asked. "Ya sensing something?"

"Michelangelo's right," Splinter replied, feeling the same vibe. "I sense something wicked approaches"

The rest of the turtle used their ninja senses to sense the danger nearby and got their weapons out.

"Stay close to us, Mikey," Leo whispered.

As Mikey goes in between the three turtles, the family is suddenly surprised by a group of armed soldiers surrounding them.

"It seems we keep running into each other, my great adversaries"

Michelangelo froze at that voice before the gang saw Bishop appearing before the soldiers which caused the young turtle to quiver more in fear.

"N-No..." Mikey shuddered.

"It's alright, Mikey" Leonardo soothed the young turtle close. "We'll protect you"

"Bishop" Splinter growled as the memory of him attacking the father with his young son returned to him.

"It seems you found what we were looking for" Bishop eyed the frightened turtle before him.

"I should've known it was you who took my son and kept him hostage all those years ago" Splinter angrily replied.

"Well we couldn't just leave him to die in those rapid waters now didn't we?" Bishop sneered at the rat.

"You kept him locked up like a prisoner, you tortured and enslaved him" Donnie snapped.

"And why wouldn't I? He's a feral beast that needed to be contained" Bishop shrugged.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't cut your head off right this moment, Bishop," Leonardo threatened with his katanas.

The soldiers at that point aim their guns at Leonardo to which Raph scoffed: "Ya think ya guns are gonna do ya good"

"Don't be foolish, Raphael" Splinter warned before he turns to Bishop: "I was always taught to forgive and forget but there are some things I cannot allow myself to do that...you abducting and abusing my lost son is one of them"

"Well if you don't want to be slaughtered right this minute, then I suggest you do the honourable thing and hand our subject back to us" Bishop threatened with his crooked grin.

"What do you know about honour? Nothing!" Leonardo angrily growled.

Mikey looks at the family in concern while Leonardo wraps his arms around the baby brother to keep him close.