Who Am I?

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 9: Who Am I?

The gang returned to the lair after attempting to calm down Michelangelo from his feral stage once more, though the young turtle was furious and distraught at this new revelation from Vernon Strive and he wasn't the only one.

The family, especially Splinter, were dumbfounded but what if Vernon was right? Was the turtle before them really a clone of the original turtle that was once Michelangelo?

"Why...? Why did you stop me?" The turtle shuddered.

"Murder is not the way of the Hamato Clan" Leonardo reprimanded.

"You're ninjas, aren't you not? Ninjas are assassins the last time I checked from reading with Leatherhead" Michelangelo snapped.

"We're not that kind of warriors; we're ninjas with honour and with code" Leonardo pointed out.

"Unfortunately for you...I'm NOT a ninja" Michelangelo growled.

"Michelangelo; you cannot allow your hatred towards them to get the better of you" Splinter replied, approaching to place a paw on the turtle's shell.

The young turtle said nothing more before Raphael demanded: "Wot I like to know is who the heck was that creep ya were talking to?"

"You heard him back there, Raph; His name was Vernon Strive and apparently he's in charge of the Earth Protection Force" Donatello answered for Mikey.

Leonardo approached Mikey and got him to gently look at the eldest brother: "Please talk to us, Mikey; are you feeling alright?"

"How the heck do you think I feel?!" Michelangelo snapped, feeling livid that he might not be the original Michelangelo but just a clone.

"Whatever he said to you about you being a clone; don't believe it, because I doubt it's true" Leonardo assured him.

"You have no idea the kind of things those people at E.P.F can do! They have enough power to do anything possible" Mikey shuddered.

"We should get Ms. Richardson and Leatherhead over here right this minute to confirm what we've learned," said Splinter.

"I'm on it" Donnie nodded, getting his phone out and started calling for Leatherhead.

"In the meantime, Raphael, take Michelangelo back to the room and make sure he's resting comfortably" Splinter added.

Raphael looked at the young turtle before he just nodded: "Alright"

The red-masked turtle quietly escorted Michelangelo back to the lab and into the quarantine room once more before he mumbled:

"Let us know if ya need anything"

As he leaves Mikey alone in the room, the poor turtle sat on the bed pondering miserably about what Vernon spoke to him back there.

"Who am I?" He shuddered to himself.

The next morning, Leatherhead and Ms. Richardson finally came to the lair where no one in the E.P.F can suspect the woman of what she's doing out of her work.

"I'm sorry we have to come in at such a late notice" Ms. Richardson apologised.

"No need for apologies, Ms. Richardson '' Splinter assured her.

"Is Michelangelo alright?" Leatherhead asked the mutant rat.

"I'm OK"

The duo turns to see Michelangelo with the turtles before Leatherhead rushes to check on Mikey.