Aftermath

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 22: Aftermath

The gang returns to the lab to bury the clone of Michelangelo but to their surprise, the hospital bed was empty with only a note on it.

Donnie picks it up and reads: "Our follow friends, we noticed you had a run in with a clone of your Michelangelo so we decided to do the honourable thing and take it back to cremate it for you at our home world: Your truly, the Ultroms"

"Bless their hearts, they're like family to me" Leatherhead replied, looking back to the past on how he helped the Ultrom in the past before all of this begin during the series of events with the turtles.

Leatherhead puts the unconscious healed Michelangelo on the bed as Donnie did a quick check up to see if he was fully functioning.

"True to the Ultrom's word, he's healthy and recovered" Donnie happily stated.

"Wonderful" Leatherhead sighs out in glee, stroking Mikey's head.

Raphael cleared his throat and crossed his arms at Leatherhead: "Speaking of which, ya got some explaining to do, Leather"

Leatherhead blushes at that and confesses: "I know this comes as a surprise to you all but it is true; Michelangelo and I are very much in love together"

Splinter puts a paw on the crocodile's shoulder: "I knew you and Michelangelo had it in you both"

"Sensei?! You knew about this?" Leo quizzed.

"Of course, my sons; I was the one who encouraged Leatherhead to pursue his feelings for Michelangelo," Splinter nodded.

"Wow" Donnie softly spoke.

"You must understand, boys, if not for Leatherhead's love for your brother then we wouldn't have Michelangelo back with us again. I'm happy and proud that these two are connected with a strong relationship and with my blessings, I'd allow Leatherhead to be with Michelangelo" Splinter explained.

He looks at the turtles, hoping they would understand how much Michelangelo means to Leatherhead before Leo replied: "Well like I said before, you two deserve each other so I'm happy for you both"

"Me too guys, as long as you two are happy then I approve too" Donnie gave his support.

The others looked at Raphael before Leo strictly clears his throat at him to which Raphael sighs: "Alright, as long as my baby bro is happy with you then I'm OK with ya dating my bro"

But soon he grumpily walks up to the crocodile and firmly adds: "But if ya hurt him in any way then ya have me to answer to"

"I understand your concerns, Raphael; believe me, I'd rather die than to do anything harm to Michelangelo" Leatherhead assured the hot headed turtle.

The gang just smiles in approval for Leatherhead and Michelangelo's love for each other; speaking of which, they soon hear groaning and gather around the hospital bed to see the young turtle opening his eyes.

"Guys?" Mikey groaned while trying to get up.

"Easy, my little sunshine, easy" Leatherhead cooed, gently helping Mikey sit up on the bed.

"What happened? Is it over? Did we win or are we all dead?" Mikey asked in utter confusion.

"It's over, my son, Xavier and Zasha are no more and we're all safe together again" Splinter comforted his young son.

The gang filled in what went on during and after the battle as Michelangelo was baffled by all of this, especially the Ultrom part.

"So aliens healed me and turned me back to normal?" Mikey quizzed before he nodded: "I guess that makes sense"