Tainted

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 15: Tainted

The next day Michelangelo awakes to the sounds of grunting and yelling as he bolts out of the science lab that he rests in and sees the turtles training with Master Splinter.

Raphael charges at Splinter who immediately overpowers him and said: "Raphael, your approaches are still impulsive, be swift and calm as the breeze"

"I'm doing my best, sensei," Raphael protested.

"Keep practicing," Splinter shook his head, not taking any excuses.

Donatello lurked in the shadows and attempts to strike at Splinter from behind until the mutant rat grabs Donnie's arm and overthrows him to the ground:

"Not bad Donatello but your movement can still be heard even in the shadows"

"Right, less noise, got it" Donnie pants and gets back up.

Soon Leonardo stealthy lunges at Splinter who uses his katana to fight Leo's twin katanas. The two ninjas fought vigorously with such mastery of their skills and weapons that it amazes Mikey.

Just then Leo notices Mikey before Splinter disarms Leo and kicks him down with his foot on top of his chest:

"You got distracted back there, Leonardo; don't let anything distract you from your battles" 

"Sorry sensei, it's just..." Leo apologised then directs his gaze at the surprised turtle before the gang.

"Good morning Michelangelo" Splinter greeted Mikey with a warm smile.

"Morning" Mikey awkwardly waved at the others. "I heard yelling and such, is everyone alright?"

"We were just training, buddy," Leo replied.

"Sorry if we spooked you there" Donnie sheepishly apologised.

"I see" Mikey nodded before he awkwardly clears his throat: "Sorry to interrupt, I'll leave you guys to it then"

"You can stay and watch if you want," Leo offered.

"I have a better idea" The mutant rat walked up to Michelangelo and said: "How about we start training you the ways of the Hamato Clan?"

"You want Mikey to join in our training?" Leo questioned with an amusing expression.

"Of course," Splinter nodded. "Since your little brother is part of the family, it's only fair that we offer him to become part of the clan"

"You want me to be a ninja?" The young turtle spoke, looking surprised that he was being offered to be trained into a ninja.

"We can teach you the ways of my master and his master before him and the ways that we worked together" Splinter replied.

"Yeah, you can be an excellent addition to the team since we are brothers," Donnie happily added.

"IF...If we are brothers, we have not learnt of the test results yet" Mikey pointed out.

"Does it really matter about the results? We kept telling ya that we're more than happy to take ya in as one of us" Raphael groaned out in frustration.

Raphael was getting tired of the poor turtle getting all down and all that, but he knows it cannot be helped since the young turtle was taken advantage of and was twisted into a life of pain, mystery and cold cruelty as a baby because of the E.P.F.