Divewing

Divewings are bipedal tidel class dragons with two arms that are quite short compared to their bodies and two wings on the back. They have fish-like tails on the end of the tails and orange freckles on the sides of their faces. Unlike most dragons, Divewings have physical differences between genders. The males have spots and strips on their backs with their canine fangs showing out. The females have no spots and strips on their backs, except on the legs, and fins on the head. Additionally, the females have a crest on their head, which ends at the base if their neck, helping them while swimming. Divewings are able to breathe high-powered jets of water. They are able to control the power in their blasts, which ranges from small warning shots to powerful streams that can sink an entire boat. By hitting head-first, while swimming at high speed, Divewings are able to move or even sink a large boat. Two Divewings were shown to be able to pull a boat relatively fast, albeit helped by a young Fastfin.

Divewings' main type of attack is hitting enemies with their large heads. A Divewing can throw large pieces of metal with its tail at high speed, with no difficulties. Divewings are very fast swimmers and flyers. They appear to be faster and more nimble than other aquatic dragons, such as the Fastfin. Divewings are also able to outfly a group of dragons, one of them being a Swiftwing.

Through unmentioned methods, Divewings are able to create whirlpools as tunnels to their underwater nests. They use the whirlpools to travel underwater at high speeds. The whirpools appear to be permanent and independent of water currents.

Divewings are very protective of their eggs and are willing to attack those responsible for endangering them. Divewings are solitary dragons and prefer to be left alone, which is why they build their nests in underwater caves.