Chapter 1

LISA

I walked through the door with my eyes downcast and nauseated. My stomach turned and I just wanted to get away. But I was still aware that I had to go there. There was no other choice for me. My mother would probably send me to boarding school if I started skipping school like the kids she always scolds. But she doesn't know how difficult it is to find friends in society. Actually, I had really thought about going 'blue'. That shocked me. After all, I'm good at school, not to admit it. I like to learn, but today I would rather be somewhere else.

I went into the building and went to the principal office to get my books. The looks did not stop here either. A new classmate is like finding food. People started whispering and huddled their heads together. I felt out of place and uncomfortable.

Suddenly a group of teenagers came down the aisle. Two boys and three girls, all rather plain in black. One of the girls wore an expensive leather jacket with Doc Martens, the other Vans with a denim jacket. The two boys wore baseball jackets with the school's logo on them. The pride they had in excess.

They came up to me and I already knew what was in store for me. The blond boy grinned at his other friend. The two broke away from the group and came towards me. The three girls stood in front of me and the two boys next to me.

"Well newbie? What is your name?"

I looked helplessly at one of the classmates who was walking by, but he kept walking, not stopping at me. Thanks.

"L-Lisa" I said quietly. The girl in the leather jacket folded her arms across her chest.

"You're ugly." The brown-haired boy commented and grinned. The third girl started laughing and I just wanted to start crying.

But I caught myself and went on to the principle office. When I stood in front of the wooden door, my heart was still beating as fast as before. I had no idea how to survive this.

I knocked and waited to be called in. At the table sat an unfriendly little woman who gave me my books and said that I will have a good start.

I just got bullied by a group of stupid teenagers. Good start? Who believes it?

I smiled playfully and looked at my schedule. I had math. But I didn't know where either. It was clear.

I ran aimlessly through the school. By now everyone is already in their classes but I was too cowardly to ask someone where the math room is. I didn't want to be humiliated again like I was just now, because other young people want to take their frustration out on me.

Suddenly I saw the girl with the denim jacket chewing on her lollipop and standing around. Since I was sure that my room was on this corridor, I had to reluctantly pass her. And man, did I panic.

I walked and looked to the right, out the windows to ignore her.

"What do you have now?" She asked in a neutral tone. I flinched at first, but realizing she said something normal, I turned to her and studied her face.

Her beautiful face.

I've never found a chick so pretty and it made me hate myself. First I'm put down by such and now I think they're pretty. What's wrong with me?

"Math." I said quietly and noticed my face turning red. Her voice was angelic, even if she acted a bit annoyed which I can't understand.

She took my note out of her hand and handed it back to me for a short time. "Follow me."

I followed her like a little dog without saying a word. In one way I was very grateful to her, but in another way I already hated her. And above all, I hated this school.

She stopped abruptly in front of a door and opened it. She interrupted the teacher who was looking at her annoyed.

"Jennie Kim, why are you so late?" He asked.

So her name is Jennie.

"I helped the new one." She growled and sat down in her seat.

The teacher looked at me curiously. "Lalisa Manoban?" I nodded uncertainly and noticed how all eyes fell on me. I was all so uncomfortable.

"If you already know Jennie... Sit down with her."

I swallowed and went to sit next to her. I sat down but she didn't look at me. That can be fun.

-

It rang for the last time and I was so very happy to be able to go home again. I almost ran to get through the door to see the sun again and breathe in the fresh air. But I didn't notice that the blond-haired one from this morning tripped me. I fell full length, straight on my face. Tears rosed to my eyes.

Everyone laughed at me. I couldn't stand the looks and the whispering, but I couldn't get up on my own. Suddenly someone grabbed me, yanked me up and dragged me out of the building. At first I thought it was the boy who now wants to beat me up, but when I saw who was helping me again, my breath hitched.

-

A/N: ON HIATUS YEAHHH! 🤡