Chapter 4

LISA

The next morning I had to reluctantly go to school. Actually, I wanted to take a break and stay at home, but my mother forced me. Kindly. I hated it though.

I entered the school and went to my locker where Nayeon was hanging out. She was the only one who even remotely liked me. Also, I can put up with one person around me, at least then I don't look like a loser.

Jennie gave me a look and smiled. I blushed and smiled back.

"Hello?" Nayeon waved her hands in front of my face.

"Yes?"

"I asked who are you staring at?" Her gaze followed mine without me really meaning to.

"Jennie?" Nayeon asked implausibly. I didn't answer. She shouldn't know that she lives next door to me. Nayeon would probably sit by my window and watch Jennie through binoculars. Everyone just noticed that Nayeon was pretty into Jennie.

The bell rang for class and I was glad that I didn't have to listen to Nayeon babble anymore.

-

During the lunch break I sat alone at the back table in the cafeteria. It didn't bother me either. On the contrary, I now enjoyed the solitude during the breaks. A bond was useless, I should rather concentrate on my academic achievements. Nayeon will never be my best friend either.

Jennie's eyes met mine and a smile formed again on her lips. But as expected, she did not come to me. But again ignored my presence.

-

After school I walked home alone. Again nobody was there. It wasn't surprising, of course.

But before I could even make anything to eat, my doorbell rang. I was wondering why my brother comes home so early.

But again it's Jennie.

"Hey." She smiled crookedly. Her eyes stared at me like she knew I was mad. But actually I wasn't. If I were her, I would ignore me at school too.

"Hello." I said and went into the kitchen. Jennie closed the front door behind her and followed me.

"What are you making for dinner?" She asked curiously.

"I can't cook so there will be ramen."

"Of course, I can stay to eat." She teased. I nodded.

"So how long were you planning on ignoring me at school?" I asked quietly, almost cutting my fingers. Actually, I didn't want to ask that, but my subconscious did it anyway. However, her eyes widened and looked at me. Jennie's cheeks literally glowed.

"I am sorry. But my friends don't like you and-"

"It's okay, Jennie. I was kind of aware of that."

Silence reigned. While I was cooking, she sat on the barstool and texted someone. Probably her new girlfriend. It made me jealous because Jennie was already very pretty and I got my hopes up. But it seemed forced. As if she really didn't want to be with me.

When the meal was ready we sat on my sofa and watched tv.

"Thank you for letting me eat here."

"No problem." Was my answer before turning my eyes back to the TV.

"There's a party tonight. Do you want to come with me?" My heart started racing when she said those words. Jennie really wanted me there. This was my chance to show everyone that I'm not some stupid little nerd.

"Sure, it'll be cool."

-

At 7 p.m. she came over to pick me up. She wore black skinny jeans with a top and her cap. I wore an oversized shirt from The Neighborhood with shorts.

"You look good." She states. I blushed and thanked her. I followed Jennie to her expensive car and got in.

"I hope nobody from our school is there." I sighed softly. I didn't want them bullying me and ruining my evening.

"No, don't worry."

When we arrived at a big house, we were greeted by the loud music and the bawling people lying drunk in the front yard. It was 7:30 p.m. and everyone had already fired themselves...

Inside the house, of course, it was even louder. People bumped into me because I was so tiny or spilled their beer on me by accident. I slowly asked myself what I got myself into here.

Jennie, however, enjoyed every minute and everyone knew her. It was weird to stand by and pretend that I belonged her. But I didn't do this. I didn't have the courage or confidence like them to just face someone. I was hopeless.

-

After countless drinks, I was slowly getting drunk and realized that I didn't care about anything. In the meantime I had mustered up enough courage and was now sitting with a few girls and boys. They kept talking about other girls and boys while I looked out for Jennie. I had lost her and was afraid that she went home without me. After all, I have to go with her.

But suddenly someone grabbed me and kissed me. The group of people whistled and hooted loudly while my cheeks flushed red.

I squeezed that person from me and saw that it was Jennie. She was drunk but could still talk and walk. Jennie grinned at me and wrapped her arms around my waist. It all happened so fast that I couldn't react at all. Again she pressed her soft lips to mine. This time I returned it and I liked it.

"How about we get out of here?"