Chapter 9

LISA

"She just left like that? She had a chance to flirt with you but ran away?" V looked at me in surprise. I took a sip of the lukewarm coffee he gave me.

"Yeah, she said a friend was in trouble and-"

"Oh shit." His eyes widened and looked past me. I quickly turned around and saw Jennie and her group coming down the aisle. At first I didn't know why he was staring, but I noticed a bandage on Jennie's hand. She also had red, scraped areas on her face. It looked like she had gotten into a fight.

But as always, I couldn't go and ask what happened. I didn't dare to do this because of Jungkook.

"What happened to her?" Taehyung muttered. "Looks like your mate is in deep shit."

I nodded and swallowed as I saw Joy walking towards her, looking at her sore bruises and fondling her like a pompous nurse. Anger welled up in me, as well as the feeling of being the second choice.

V rolled his eyes. "She's incredibly pretty, but just as wrong as my math test." I smiled. But it was true. Joy was a lot prettier than me. Tall, brunette, perfect body with a perfect face.

I couldn't take my eyes off her, I was racking my brains over what had happened. I've never worried about anyone like Jennie. I didn't trust any of her friends and I got the feeling that there was a lot more to this than a fight.

The doorbell rang and V reluctantly pulled me into the classroom. I didn't have that session with Jennie, so I couldn't find out what happened. Apparently I had to wait.

-

When the bell rang after the last hour, I quickly packed up all my things to leave the room. Finally away from all the others.

I walked down the hallway and pushed the door open to get some fresh air. The warm sun shone straight into my face and I felt like a prisoner who finally got out of jail. It was true in a way.

"Lisa." I saw Jennie stub out her cigarette and walk towards me. As always chic in her leather jacket. As she stood in front of me, I looked into her blue eyes and split lips. "What happened to you?" I asked without greeting her.

"Oh nothing." She waved me off and pulled me by my hand to her car.

"You can't tell me it's nothing. Who was that?" I raked in and raised my voice to her. But she stared stubbornly at her steering wheel. "Jennie?"

"There are things that don't concern you." With that, she hastily parked out and drove away from the school at full speed.

I didn't dare to ask again because she is very short-tempered and I didn't want to. It was getting on my nerves that she would shoot up at every little thing. If I were in her condition, she would ask me, and if I didn't tell her, then she'd be pissed off again.

Sometimes I really don't understand her.

I sighed loudly and looked out the window as she drove down the street, nervously tapping on her steering wheel. I threw a few looks at her, but she didn't return them, instead staring stubbornly at the street.

My mood dropped to zero and I didn't feel like doing anything. I wanted to go home. But before I could make my wish, Jennie parked her car and unbuckled her seat belt. She also didn't care if I liked this shop. She didn't care, and I got angry. Because as soon as we entered the shop, I could already tell which world she came from.

Everything looked so expensive with rhinestones and bare skin. I definitely didn't want to walk around like that. Maybe she could with Joy, but I had my own will.

"Could we perhaps go to a shop that isn't that expensive?" I asked quietly while Jennie fiddled with the shelves. She looked at me and I thought her gaze was killing me... or at least it should be.

"Please try it on first." She sighed and held a shirt to my body to then hand it to me.

It went on and on until I had a decent stack in my arms. Of course everything was only chosen by Jennie. She didn't even ask what I liked and my collar burst. I wasn't a barbie who could be just dressed up like that.

"When can I choose things?" Wow. I sounded like a submissive puppy.

"These are all for you." She smiled and you could see the sparkle in her eyes. But I shook my head. "I don't like the clothes though."

"But you haven't even tried them on." Jennie argued and held a dress in front of my chest.

"I don't have to try them on to know." - "Try it on." Jennie whined and pouted. I rolled my eyes and started my fashion show.

To put it perfectly: I'll never fit into this expensive shit. I hated every part while Jennie looked totally smitten. But I would never wear that to school, not even for Jennie.

I still looked for a pair of pants that looked reasonably good. Add a shirt and hang the rest back on the shelves.

"We're done, aren't we?"

"We've just arrived at the most beautiful part, undergarments!" Enthusiastically she pushed me into the department. My head flushed crimson as Jennie grabbed some lace underwear to shove back into my hand.

It was enough. I wasn't a dress-up doll. I'm not submissive and I don't do anything I don't want to, for anyone.

I just threw things on the floor. Jennie looked at me in surprise, but I started to walk away and left her behind.

Let her do her shit alone.