Chapter 11

LISA

(Flashback)

"Lisa, we will move in with him, end of discussion!" She slammed my suitcase on the floor and left me in my room.

Do I hate my mother? Hating is the understatement of the year. She is a beast and not suitable as a mother at all. When the other children in elementary school baked with their parents, I had to go there with my older brother because she never felt like it. And now I'm supposed to move in with a strange man who looks like he's about to touch me?

I packed all my stuff in the suitcase and boxes with tears streaming down my cheeks and I was already homesick.

"Are you ready?" My brother asked cautiously and I nodded. He helped me lug my suitcases downstairs. He didn't look amused either. He's leaving his whole soccer team here just because my selfish mother wants to marry that rich asshole. I hate him. I hate my mother and certainly this overpriced city. I will never find friends.

(Flashback End)

-

"Since when do you guys just barge in like that?" Jennie yelled at them, but her eyes were glued to me. I almost threw up.

Jungkook, Sehun and Joy stood in the doorway and looked at me just as shocked as I looked at them. Suddenly I felt terribly uncomfortable and wanted nothing more than to be at home.

"Please, can you all just leave?" I heard Jennie ask, but they didn't bother to listen. Instead, they sat down with me and gave me a funny look.

"Why don't you let your friends eat with you? Or are we just interrupting your date?" Jungkook spoke confidently and obtrusively, just like he always was. He didn't care how others felt. Pity was a foreign word to him.

Jennie sighed and went to the kitchen to leave me with her ex girlfriend and her stupid friends.

Joy desperately tried to strike up a conversation, but I knew right away it was an act. I hated her deeply, but she was a thousand times prettier than I will ever be, so there was an awkward silence between me and my comrade-in-arms.

Jennie came out of the kitchen with several plates and put them on the table. I thought I would fall over backwards.

"I'm going home, I don't want to disturb this." I gave up and stood up.

"I see it the same way!" Jungkook agreed and Sehun laughed. I clenched my fists and was ready to slap him in the face, but controlled myself.

"I am sorry. I didn't invite them. And they wouldn't have gone of their own accord either." Jennie assured me, looking at me apologetically.

"That's fine." I waved her off and opened the front door.

"I love you." She called after me and I just nodded silently.

-

The next day I was too lazy to do anything. I just lay in bed and listened to music.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, but since, as I said, I'm too lazy to get up, my brother had to open the door.

I had some inkling it could be Jennie. This was then confirmed when she opened my door and stood in front of me. Her hair was untidy tied up and she was wearing a loose sweater.

"Hey." She said softly and sat on my bed.

"Well, I'm sorry that they came yesterday, really." Her voice trailed off and I looked into her eyes for a long time.

"It's okay." I assured her. Because it wasn't her fault that her friends showed up.

She smiled and kissed me briefly before laying down on my bed.

"I want to do something with you. It's Saturday morning and you're reading books again."

"We're NOT going shopping, Jennie." She laughed.

"No, don't worry. I want to go on a date with you." She said and smiled at me. Suddenly I got that feeling again.

"Alright." I said and got up to get ready but she grabbed my waist and pulled me into her arms.

"I know you really hate me right now, but I'm going to change that." She breathed out and kissed my neck. All I could manage was a nod and a smile.

-

50 minutes later we arrived at a restaurant. I was glad it didn't look as rich and snobbish as the rest of the city. I just couldn't get used to it. Of course, it wasn't actually a bad thing to own a property, or to live on a closed street where only selected guests could enter. But it didn't make me happy. I miss my old friends too much for that.

"Welcome to our restaurant. Is it only you two?" The polite, handsome waiter asked. Jennie nodded at him, but I realized her dislike for him. Thank God she saved her comment.

He led us to a table and gave us two menu cards, then turned to me and gave me a wink, which really pissed Jennie off. I immediately grabbed her hand and put it in mine.

"Calm down, please." I tried to regulate the situation. I knew by now what Jennie is capable of. Surprisingly, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and smiling.

"I'm trying to be a better person now because you don't like it when I'm aggressive." She brushed her black hair to the side and looked back into my eyes like there was nothing else for her to look at. The corners of my mouth twitched up and I was touched that she changed her behavior for me. Or at least holding back.

We ordered our food and enjoyed the atmosphere and the silence, without her annoying friends. She was uncomfortable talking about it because she knew they hated me. But I didn't want to spoil the mood either.

-

When we were done, she was dying to go to the movies, even though I hated it. But for her sake I also had to watch the worst James Bond movie. But when she put her arm around me, my eardrum almost burst, I realized what you do for love. Jennie changed and I do some things just for her love. Now it didn't bother me anymore.

After I also survived the visit to the cinema, we were still sitting in her car and making out, later on we got out in front of our houses. I kissed her lips as she pulled me tightly to her waist and squeezed me.

"Maybe we should do this more often." She said and grinned.

"But just maybe." I broke free and turned around. Her hand stroked my buttocks and I blushed.

"Don't do that, it's embarrassing." I admitted and unlocked the door.

"Sorry, but you'll have to get used to this."