Chapter 14

LISA

Thirty minutes later I was standing behind a tree in the park. It has always been clear to me that these plants cannot only be used for photosynthesis and conversion of carbon dioxide.

Jennie met up with a boy who, as expected, pulled his hood down over his face and exchanged short words with her. After that they exchanged something and the boy turned away from her. Slowly Jennie turned around and counted money.

I walked up to her angrily and when I stood in front of her I almost wanted to slap her.

"Lisa?" She asked implausibly and stared at me.

"What did you sell him?" I raked in and looked at her disappointed. It can't be true that when I think I'm getting to know her better, she comes up with something like that. What do I find out next? That she's a mass murderer?

"Some things are none of your business." She spoke calmly and put her money away.

Was she serious? Didn't she have more to say? To her own girlfriend?

I felt that disappointment again and felt the urge to never talk to her again.

"Well then everything is said. If you have secrets from me, we can leave it with neighbors." I smiled sarcastically, took her hand and gave her back the ring and necklace. I didn't want to see her presents and I didn't want to keep them either.

Without waiting for an answer I turned away and went home. I noticed the tears running down my cheeks.

I hate Jennie.

-

On Mondays at school I really thought I was dying. The lessons dragged on and my mood was in the minus point. All I wanted was to go home and sleep.

"Heyyy, Lisa!" V greeted me. He sat down at my table with his iPad and grinned.

"Why so devastated?" I poked around in my food and waited with my answer.

"Jennie sells drugs, so I told her I that didn't want to be someone more than her neighbour." I shrugged like I didn't care but inside it was eating me up even though she seemed alright sitting at the table laughing.

"Wow. Interesting shit." V commented and raised his eyebrow. "But to distract you, I invite you to my place. Not big party or anything, just a little slumber party at my place. Saturday. And one of my super hot friends will be there and I'll set you guys up." He winked at me.

V's plan was so shitty. Setting me up with someone? Maybe could be entertaining but nah. Plus, I won't go there.

"And if you don't come, we'll come over to your place." He added immediately as if he had read my mind. I sighed again.

Maybe it will do me good to get to know other people. Time without Jennie.

"Let's see then." I mumbled.

"So you agree, right?"

"Yeah, Tae."

-

A/N: Not many updates on this book. We are kind of rewriting this + we can't meet up at all, so like busy schedules. But we're trying our best, hope you understand. :))