Chapter 19

LISA

I can't believe I'm actually standing in this shop, looking for a red dress. V insisted on coming, so now he's scurrying down the aisles looking for the perfect dress for me.

"Maybe this?" He held a short leather dress in front of his body and put his arm on his hip. I grinned.

I plucked a red one and looked at it. Actually I thought it was quite good, it was long, deep red and long arms but I still thought it was okay.

"Please, don't wear that. This looks like my aunt's tablecloth." He commented on it and I put it back.

"Excuse me, are you looking for something in particular?" A young saleswoman came up to us and smiled at me.

"Yes, please, show us the most beautiful red dresses!" V answered for me.

"Oh wait, there was something." She went and came back with a red dress.

"That was put back and I was told to give it to a person if their name was Lisa." I nodded and took it.

"Try it on!"

I walked into the changing room and put it on. It was deep red, floor length with lace at the strapless neckline. It wasn't cheap, and I didn't look like a nerd. It was elegant and suited me.

"Shit, I think I'll reconsider my sexuality." V joked and looked at me.

"That suits you incredibly well." I blushed and turned once.

"Perfect, we'll take that!"

I changed my clothes and went to the cash register.

"You wouldn't happen to tell us who picked the dress?" V asked curiously. But she shook her head.

"No, unfortunately I wasn't there."

"Oh, got it." He murmured disappointed and took the bag. "Well then, see you."

-

Unknown: I can't wait to see this dress on you.

Lisa: It would be nicer if I finally knew who you are.

Unknown: You'll find out in a week.

Unknown: Trust me!!

Lisa: I don't trust anonymous people on the internet.

Unknown: God, please. I'm not a serial killer.

Lisa: The way my school works, there's bound to be one there.

Unknown: I have a question :)

Unknown: Who is supposed to freak out?

Lisa: My ex?

Unknown: Don't worry, my dear, I'll protect you and we'll solve this!

-

The next day I went to the library and looked through the yearbooks. It had to be listed somewhere.

I found one, but I was sure that it wasn't her. She's in her 8th grade and looks like she's not getting any attention.

I closed the book again and sighed. I've been lying awake for hours wondering who this person could be. But I couldn't come to a conclusion.

The little boy came to me again and I was startled when he suddenly stood in front of me. He handed me a small package and left.

I opened the package and saw a gold chain. How could someone give me something like that when they've never spoken to me? Or has she already spoken to me? Oh my God.

Lisa: Please don't buy me any expensive things.

Unknown: Just accept it. If you don't want it, you give it back to me on the ball ;)

Lisa: Alright.

Lisa: Can't you just come to me?

Unknown: No. Lisa, I don't want to worry you.

Lisa: But that really sucks, to be honest.

Unknown: If I had asked you directly, you would have promptly said no. That's why I'm doing this, to make sure you show up.

-

After my unsuccessful search I went to Zoey. She texted me that she was free today and since I didn't feel like going to school anymore anyway and can skip a double art lesson, I drove off.

I was happy to see her again, even if she confuses me. But she's sweet and mature, not like some other people.

When I got to her, she was grinning from ear to ear.

"What's happening?" I asked, putting my shoes down.

She stroked her smooth dark hair and led me into the living room.

"I'm going to California to study soon!"

I was happy for her but inside I didn't want her to move away either. But I already feared it, so I did my best to celebrate with her. Zoey really wanted it, I really didn't begrudge her the success.

I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out.

Unknown: Where are you?

Lisa: I skipped class and I'm with a friend. Why?

Unknown: With whom?

Lisa: Why are you so curious about this?

Unknown: I have no idea.

Zoey returned with two glasses of champagne and we toast her new life on the other side of the world.

Strangely, I felt disappointment as I genuinely thought Zoey would invite me. But she really has her own business to do and I don't want to get caught up in that. It would also be far too childish for Zoey.

I no longer thought about this matter and enjoyed Zoey's presence and maybe the last few days with her.

-

In the morning at school the decorations were already on for the ball. White roses were given out and everything was so incredibly cheesy. I really doubted whether I should really go there with a stranger just to see my ex and other couples.

"Hey." Tae greeted me in a good mood. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

"No comment about my sweater today?"

"No. It actually looks good." He smiled and his eyes sparkled.

"Not that I mind, but what happened?"

He told me that this boy from his chemistry class invited him and of course V fell in love again and started stalking him on all social media. Typical of him, but it made me happy.

"And you still don't know who's going with you?" I shook my head.

The more we talk about it, the less I want to go there. I don't want to experience my first dance with a stranger. Maybe she's obnoxious, then I have to spend the whole evening with her as it would be rude to run away.

I sighed. "If I give you money, will you break my leg?" I asked him.

"Theoretically yes, but I want you to go there." Taehyung looked at me first. But I couldn't promise him anything.