Chapter 16

LISA

God, I hate her. The way she sat there, talking to Joy, completely ignoring me. She didn't text a word to me (even when I had my cell phone off). So didn't she care that much? I quite regretted ever letting her get to me. Apparently she'll never change anyway, I don't have to wait for that anymore.

I nervously chewed my pen and waited for the bell to finally release me. After a few minutes it did so and I sprinted out of the room.

I didn't want to watch another minute of this soft porn of Jennie and her 'girlfriend'. I'd rather die an agonizing death.

I wasn't spared Jungkook either, as always, he tripped me up so that I always fell on my face. But not today, when I was already irritable. I plucked up courage and turned around shortly after tripping. His look was spiteful and his face was only suitable for punching. But I decided to go deeper, gained momentum and stepped right between his legs.

He writhed in pain while the rest of them (including Jennie) gave me incredible stares. I didn't care that much.

I turned away before anyone else could say anything and made an Oscar-worthy exit. He'll never get on my nerves again.

My heart was still racing as I walked up the hill to the house. I was proud of what I did, but I knew that they would pay me back, but I didn't worry about that just yet. I didn't want that either.

I unlocked the door and for once my mother was at home too.

"Hi." I gave up, took a bowl and filled it with cornflakes and milk.

"Hello, Lisa." She forced a smile and acted like nothing had ever happened. God, one more year then I can finally move away.

I sighed and trudged up the stairs, past my brother and into my room. I threw everything off and lay down on my bed with cornflakes. I checked my cell phone and surprisingly saw a message from Zoey. I thought she didn't want to have anything to do with me anyway since I'm 5 years younger but I was even happier that she wanted to see me.

I said 'yes' and she sent me an attachment with her address. I quickly ate my cornflakes and put on something nicer. I sprinted to the bathroom and tried to style my hair comfortably without looking like a bird's nest.

When I was done, I went downstairs, said goodbye to my mother and got in my car to drive.

Her apartment was 10 minutes away, more in town. It didn't bother me at all, since I don't want to and can't keep up with this snob.

I arrived at her house and rang the bell. The door hummed and let me into the warm. The stairs were too much of a good thing and I thought I was hyperventilating. Why didn't she have an elevator?

"Someone is very unsportsmanlike." She teased and wrapped her arms around me for a brief moment. I snorted once in response. I really should exercise more.

Zoey led me in and I met a man with dark hair and a three-day beard. He looked pretty good.

"This is Benny, don't talk to him or he'll keep rambling on about Game Of Thrones..." She rolled her eyes at that.

"I like Game Of Thrones too..." I murmured so quietly that no one could hear. But Benny turned around.

"Zoey, I didn't know you had nice friends too." He grinned and my cheeks flushed red.

She led me into the kitchen where she was cooking.

"I thought I'd arrange for dinner last week." Her smile was cute as was the rest of her. Her long hair fell perfectly again, her clothes looked great on her, even this piercing which I didn't even think of on other people, but it suited her.

I smiled too and got a plate of spaghetti.

"It's the only thing I can really cook."

"I can't cook much either. I'm the only one who buys a cart full of pasta." Zoey grinned and sat down at a table across from me.

I enjoyed the steaming noodles and was happy about her invitation. After all, I didn't have anyone else but V, and maybe Zoey will do me some good. But I was afraid that I would again interpret more purely than it actually is.

We talked about different things like what my high school is like, where I'm actually from and other stuff. I already liked her and in the course of 'getting to know' I found out that she has many things in common with me.

But then their tenants trundled in and bothered us. Zoey sighed and was visibly annoyed just being in the kitchen.

"I'd better go then." I said and put the plate on the sink. Then she brought me to the door and smiled at me.

"Thank you for the food."

"No problem." Zoey took my face in her hands and gave me a quick kiss before Benny came over and looked at us.

"Can't you do that in your room?" He asked annoyed.

"Just because you'll never get one." She countered. Offended, he went into the kitchen.

"Well then, hopefully we'll see each other again soon." I nodded and smiled from ear to ear.

"Goodbye."

My heart was pounding so hard on the way home that I worried about feeling more for her. I've only just finished one, so how am I supposed to start anything with someone who's only in college for the week? My head was overwhelmed.

I parked my car in our garage and went inside. It was already 6:29 pm and I should start doing my homework.

I went upstairs and into my room, but it didn't seem to be time for homework because Jennie was sitting on my bed and was already waiting for me.

-

A/N: 'My Stalker' update soon too ;)