Chapter 21

LISA

I sat comfortably on my bed and watched TV. I stuffed chips into my mouth and enjoyed Adventure Time until my brother came in and showed me his outfit.

"And? Is this suitable?" I looked at his outfit and nodded smiling. He was really handsome, perfect for his date at the fall dance.

He smiled back briefly before walking away, leaving me behind.

Suddenly I felt guilty for just leaving this stranger alone, but I really didn't want to. I'll just say that I had to go to my grandma to the hospital. Always worked out.

Suddenly my cell phone rang and I knew that I was about to get the shit of my life.

"Bitch, where are you?" V's voice sounded sour and I knew he was tapping his foot nervously, like he always did when he was angry.

"I will not come, Kim Taehyung." I answered calmly, because it's useless to bitch about it. I also knew why he really wanted me to be there. His date is cute and he knows other people besides me, so he doesn't need me as a companion after all.

"I'm coming, start with your makeup!" With that, he quickly hung up. I sighed and dialled his number, but he didn't answer.

Great. He'll come by and drive me to the ball. I didn't want to go to in the first place. Why can't you be left alone if you want to?

It didn't take long and he was at my door. His face looked angry, but I pretended not to care.

"Lisa, please. Get dressed." He pushed me up the stairs and sat me down in front of my makeup.

"V! I don't want to be there. I don't want to see my fucking ex, her stupid friends and dance there with someone I've apparently seen before, but I see hundreds of students every day, who is that supposed to be? I don't want to be there, please just leave me here!"

"Will you come with me if I say I know who's there?" My eyes widened.

"You knew? The whole time? Who is it? The one from the cafeteria you had PE with? She looked suspiciously at my bottom for a long time."

"You won't see until you go there with me." He interjected and pressed my powder into my hand. V grabbed my flat iron and started straightening my hair while I did my makeup in silence.

I can't believe he knows who's waiting for me. He didn't tell me anything! I thought best friends tell each other everything.

When I was done, I quickly slipped in my dress and in my black shoes.

"You look great." V smiled when he saw the result. I blushed and walked him down the stairs and out to the car.

Some shitty song was playing on the radio, which didn't make my mood any better either.

I tried asking again who was waiting for me there, but he ignored it and got out. I did the same, feeling hurt that he wouldn't tell me.

But V pushed me into the building where loud music was playing and people were already dancing. I chose a table way back and told V to have fun with his date while I sat in the corner and waited for my date.

Lisa: I'm sitting in the back.

So I waited until someone showed up but after twenty minutes I was still sitting there, bored while everyone was having fun. I felt uncomfortable. Especially since everyone looked at me as if I were an alien, but I had to go through with it.

Another ten minutes passed and I was already looking for V to tell him that I was going to leave. I was sure it was all just a joke and V just wanted me there. Nobody wanted to go to the ball with me, why should they? My nervousness increased and I was about to have a panic attack, but I tried to calm down.

But then someone stood behind my chair and put a hand on my shoulder. I was startled, but both my eyes were covered. Didn't help my upcoming panic attack, but okay.

I was led out and noticed how the music was getting quieter and we were standing in a bright room.

My heart was pounding so fast. I stood in front of her and the moment she removed her hand from my eyes, I thought I'd faint because of excitement.

She stood there, black long hair with a red short dress.

Jennie Kim.

"You didn't really think that I would just leave you all alone and let others invite you, did you?"

I missed her voice more than anything and I hated that we were always fighting. All I wanted was a normal relationship but we seem to be too different but I couldn't stay mad at her for long and breaking up forever wasn't an option for me.

"And before you get mad at me or ask me something, I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything and keep no secrets from you, and yes, I've said it so many times before, but this time I mean it . I didn't have a real relationship before you." Her hands clasped mine and she pulled me closer.

"You're a big ass, Jennie, I thought I was going to have to spend the whole evening with a stranger." I breathed out a sigh of relief and laughed at my fear.

"I told V to bring you here because I knew you wouldn't come. I sent your brother to inquire, so no one else would ask you. That was a good plan, you have to admit that. " Jennie grinned and I slapped her arm.

She hugged me as tightly as she could. My legs were shaking for some reason and I could have cried with relief. It was the weight that fell from my shoulders.

"I missed you." She murmured and kissed my cheeks.

"I missed you too."

After a little more at the ball and we both decided that the alcohol was missing. Everything was so dull, so we headed out to her car.

"My mother is with my aunt and my father is on a business trip." She announced solemnly and opened a bottle of wine, filling two glasses before handing one over to me.

"The dress suits you really well, by the way." Jennie grinned and took a sip.

"You do not look bad either." I teased her and Jennie rolled her eyes before laughing and taking me back to the building.

There we met V and his date.

"Double Date!" Taehyung shouted excitedly and nudged me. I grinned and looked at Jennie.

"This event is boring, let's go eat something and then sleep at my place." She suggested and waited for an answer.

Everyone agreed with her and so we left that ball, but I did it with my girlfriend and everyone could see it.