chapter 17

...Flower of Evil...

Iseul could see the shocked face of Zhang Linghe. The light was slowly slipping away from her sight. She almost closed her eyes but not before hearing a sudden voice which was too much familiar to the ear.

"How dare you to touch her soul?"

She completely lost her sight and went unconscious.

[Past time begins from now on]

Iseul,the newly appointed General of the royal army,rode her horse with a team of twenty Royal guards towards the deep inside the woods. Iseul had been in a war for a week and won it the day before yesterday. She slaughtered every fucking enemy who came infront of her and displayed her great battle spirit through this war. No one in the royal army knew about her status as the royal princess but she had already won the hearts of everyone. People were singing her good and praying her blessings of the heavens.

Finally, everyone recognised her but not as the daughter of the King but as the young capable lady General of the kingdom.

Iseul was about to go to her kingdom right after finishing the war but she got this sudden emergency news of an ambush attack. She didn't have any time to rest and headed towards the place where the attackers were hiding with a team of twenty soldiers.

Her spiritual energy was a bit low since she hasn't taken a blink of sleep for a week now but she could still fight. Her long hair in the high pony tail was swaying with the speeding wind and her bruised lips were freezing with the cold wind.

As they reached the place,she was confused seeing no one around. Still,she didn't let her guard down and stopped her horse and signalled her men to stop too. She listened to the sound of the forest but nothing seemed to be weird or strange.

Was the message she received was a false message? If someone was hiding,she could sense it but right now,she could only hear the natural sound of the forest. There was no killing intentions sweeping through the forest but wait.... There is. She could sense it. Behind her! Widening her eyes,she stood up on her horse and jumped forward, unleashing her sword.

It was indeed an ambush. But not by the enemy. But by her own people! The twenty men she brought were bearing heavy killing intentions towards her! They had already got off their horses and was ready to attack her in unison.

Woah!

What a terrible betrayal! They had been fighting a war side by side a few days ago and now?

"What do you think you are doing?", Iseul asked tightening her grip around her sword.

"We are given the orders to take you down after the war ended",one of the soldiers was brave enough to speak. Iseul noticed him. This man was always jealous of her before. He had tried sparring with her before but he could never win against her. And maybe or maybe not,she might have stepped on his ego few times. Who would like to see a junior girl to go around displaying great sword skills than the seniors? And suddenly becoming a general? It was indeed a thing to be jealous.

"And who gave you the orders?"

The soldier who spoke earlier,answered again. "This is his majesty's orders"

Iseul wasn't an idiot. She knew that the King will never give such an order even though he despises her with his whole heart. To him,she was a treasure card which could be used later to spread his authority over other Kingdoms through a marriage. She had known it for a long time and that's why she joined the army to escape from that unwanted marriage. To the society, she is just niece from Queen's side and the Queen was kind enough to adopt the girl as her own. That was the story King gave to the society when she was introduced to the army.