S2|ch.2

...Flower of Evil...

There's nothing as cruel as fate and there's nothing ad beautiful as fate. You meet the love of your life because of the fate and because of that same fate,you might lose him. But do you dare to ask the fate this question, 'are you having fun playing with me?' . Yes,you do. But does it dare to answer you? No,it doesn't. You are the chess pieces of its chess board. Fate would play however it wants. You have no saying. Curse it,if you'd feel better. But it would only smile in mockery.

Hayoon cried beside her lover who was dying in her arms. How did they come to this point?

Exactly at the mid night, the two lovers ran away. But how unfortunate, King had already known. He ordered his soldiers to chase after them and kill his traitor general and bring the woman.

Poisonous arrows filled up the sky as they aimed Minkyu. It was one against a teamed up soldiers. Who would win? Answer is obvious.

Hayoon brought her injured lover to a tombstone. It was an underground tombstone she found accidentally and there was an opening which lead them towards the underground grave. Inside the tombstone, there were so many coffins and she knew whose bodies were inside these coffins. This a tombstone of famous family a these bodies probably belonged to that family's ancestors.

Hayoon made Minkyu sit on the ground and made him lean against the wall. The tombstone was too dark and she couldn't even see Minkyu's face clearly.

"Hayoon", Minkyu whispered as he tried to touch her face.

She was trying her best to suppress her sobs as she hummed. She knew that Minkyu is on the verge of dying and she regretted her decision of running away. If she didn't agree,this wouldn't have happened to Minkyu.

Minkyu, "I –I am sorry", to him,breathing was also hard now. The poison of the arrows were taking over his body. "I couldn't protect you", tears were rolling down from his eyes.

Hayoon shook her head. "Don't say more. You did enough. I'm safe. I'm safe Minkyu",her voice trembled as she said. She didn't want to accept this fate. Why did this happen? Did fate hate her this much?

Minkyu stroked her cheek. He choked on his blood as he coughed. Hayoon immediately pulled him into her chest and stroked his back as she cried. She hugged him like she never wanted to let him go. She was scared that he will leave her alone in this world.

She felt his cold palm over her stomach.

Minkyu, "Y –You should live. For o–our baby"

Though the child wasn't his,he had already accepted the child as his. And Hayoon hated it. Isn't it all because of the child? King had known about her pregnancy somehow and he isn't willing to let her go because of it. He wanted her alive because of the child.

The pregnancy of the servant girl had been a gossip around the Palace and a lot of ministers had heard of this. If King decided to get rid of the woman and the baby,it would prove that he impregnated a servant girl and killed them. Enemies were taking this chance to dethrone the King but King would never let it happen.

Hayoon felt like some invisible hands tearing her heart into pieces.

Minkyu raised his hand to touch her face again but his hand fell down numbly.

Hayoon's lips trembled. She pressed his face onto her chest and cried,holding him. Every inch of her body was trembling as she cried in grieve. This is the end of their love story. Fate smiled as Hayoon cried over her lover's death.

She didn't know how much time past but when she finished crying, she was numb. The tombstone was still dark and no one had still found her inside it.

Oh,wait,somebody has already found her.