chapter 28

...Flower of Evil...

When Iseul was forced to kneel infront of the King's throne,she did nothing. Her eyes held no light. Her hands were tied with spiritual bindings which was useless. Iseul had no strength to fight back. Her hair was messy and dirty. She was never this pitiful before and it hurt the eyes of people who watch her.

They were discussing about the matters related to her but she couldn't hear anything. Her mind was blank. Nothing went to her head.

She could vaguely see her brothers speaking to the King and some other officers related to security.

But her eyes picked up Taehyung's voice. "I asked your majesty to banish her from the Palace. We can no longer keep a traitor like her"

She chuckled but said nothing.

Maybe she really had gone mad now.

Again,she was brought back to the dungeons and was locked. She leaned against the cold wall and closed her eyes.

She heard soft footsteps of someone. She could even tell by listening to the footsteps who was that. Prince Namjoon.

"Iseul! Listen"

She didn't open her eyes.

"I know you are awake. Please listen! Tomorrow, you'll be taken to an island. On the way,I'll send my personal guards. They'll rescue you and you'll be taken to another place. Follow them. Alright?"

She didn't respond.

"I know you can't trust anyone now. But please,trust me one last time. I'll save you. Do as I say", Namjoon kept pestering her.

Still she kept her silence. Why should she trust them anymore? She didn't know anymore. Is it a dream? Or reality? She didn't know. She wished to end this nightmare soon but how could she end it when it was the reality.

The following day came really quickly. She was again binded by the spiritual bindings and was forced into a carriage. As the carriage was going through the crowded area,she could hear people cursing at her.

"What a sadistic bitch!"

"She even dared to insult our king!"

"Wasn't she the one who went whoring around?"

"Slut,hope you die!"

"Go and die!"

"You shouldn't have been born! If I had a daughter like you,I'd kill you and then kill myself!"

Iseul silently listened. Though people couldn't see her inside the carriage, they still threw rotten vegetables and eggs to the carriage.

The carriage went through a forest. After going for almost a day,the guards stopped the carriage to rest. It was almost mid night.

Iseul couldn't sleep. Namjoon's voice rang through her ear. Should she give a try? But what will be there for her? She has no one now. The only one who hasn't yet broken her trust was Namjoon.

Suddenly, she heard a commotion outside. The sound of flesh being teared and stabbing. She shot opened her eyes feeling the heavy killing intends. They weren't here to rescue her. They were here to kill her!!