chapter 36

...Flower of Evil...

You should know to not awaken the sleeping beast. Just because it had been sleeping all this time doesn't mean it will forever sleep like that. You shouldn't have given the power to break the chains around the monster.

Iseul's eyes shrank as she watched his husband being held as a blood sacrifice. He was wrapped in a thorny vines as he was hoisted up in the tree of pain. That tree was a famous torturous tool which was used by her kingdom to torture the enemy. The owner of that spiritual tree was none other the Queen of the kingdom. It was a family heirloom given by her ancestors. It was a spiritual device. It would sprout from anywhere on the earth as the owner summon it.

Iseul had known about Queen's spiritual energy way before. She had seen Queen's ruthless side when it came to enemies and it was not second to his highness Yoongi. Plus,she didn't become the queen without a talent.

This tree had no leaves. It only had thorns and no one could escape from its clutches.

Xie Ming's whole body was pierced by thousands of thorns and blood was falling down drop by drop. Once he is drained out of blood,he will die. His demonic whip had been broken into two pieces and they hanged on the tree. His sword was no where to be seen and he was barely conscious.

Iseul covered her mouth with hands as tears gathered into her eyes. Then she heard the cry of her son. She looked at where the cry came from.

The Queen was holding her son and he was crying miserably and painfully as he was still sick.

Iseul felt her chest burning.

There were so many soldiers with her. And there was someone else which made her chest burn even more.

His highness Yoongi.

He was beside the Queen with a sword. No wonder Xie Ming couldn't protect himself. Yoongi's strength cannot be compared to anyone.

But today,his highness Yoongi didn't have the spiritual aura of a god. Iseul didn't have a mindset to pay attention to these details.

"Oh,so you finally came. I was worried thinking your husband would be dead when you come here. Lucky you,he still had some blood in him", Queen said with a smile.

Wangxi cried harder seeing his mother. "Mama!"

"You didn't even tell me you had a son. Look at my grandson. How cute!", she cooed and rocked him.

"Let them go", Iseul said.

Queen looked at her. "Why? You don't like the reunion?"

"You only want me! Here I am! Now let them go!"

Queen laughed and shook her head like Iseul said some kind of joke. When she finished laughing, her face went blank. She looked at Wangxi. "Isn't he an heir to the throne?"

Iseul widened her eyes. No. She understood what Queen means.

"No! He is not! He doesn't need your fucking throne! He is just a kid!"

Queen stroked the crying child's hair. "But what will happen once he becomes an adult? Won't he seek revenge for his parents' murder?"