chapter 22

...Flower of Evil...

Iseul was pushed inside the dungeons cell. They were made of iron bars of spiritual powers to prevent any prisoner escape using spiritual energy. But inside the dungeon cell was like a dirty pig stall. Only straws were there to keep the prisoners warm and the smell was enough to make someone faint. The smell would be normal for normal civilians but a royal princess like Iseul couldn't withstand it. Still,she didn't complain. She silently sat down at a corner and started meditating to gather energy.

She could feel a lot of stares on her. The rest of the prisoners in other cells were staring at her. They can't be blamed. They could feel the rich air around her and wondered why was a girl like her in this dirty dungeons.

Everywhere was dark but a small fire was illuminating the dungeons from the entrance of the dungeons.

Iseul tried her best to meditate but her lips started twitching for some reason.

Kill them

They betrayed you

Your soldiers betrayed you

Your friends lied and deceived you

Iseul shook her head vigorously,trying to erase the evil thoughts. It was strange. Why would she think something like that? Indeed,she felt hurt when her soldiers betrayed her but it wasn't enough reason to kill them. It was absurd.

The voice in her head felt like it didn't belong to her but at the same time,they were her thoughts.

Her neck was sweating furiously and some veins were popping out.

You are pitiful

You dirty blood

You are worse than a stray dog

Living under the mercy of that king who treats you like trash,you are like a frog inside a well. No escape

They will use you

Your brothers -

Iseul opened her eyes,gasping for air. She would never dare to think bad about her brothers. Taking deep breath,she tried calming down.

"Sister,are you sick?"

A soft small voice came from the right cell attached to hers. When she looked at her right, she was taken back seeing a small boy,maybe around five or six. And there were some old men and women in the same cell with that boy. When she looked clearly, she was shocked. They were the demonic cultivators she defended the other day.

How come they are here? She had clearly fought for them and sent them off. She immediately crawled towards their cell and asked. "What are you all doing here? How did you - How did you get caught again?!"

The eldest of the group spoke. "After you sent us away,they had sent another group to catch us. So,we couldn't escape"

Iseul was furious. She had clearly warned them not to touch these people who only came to find food. "Those fuckers dared to go against me? I shall break their limbs next time"