S2|Ch.43

...Flower of Evil...

As Iseul heard about other Iseul's punishment, she fell into a silence. She didn't know what to feel. She felt a sense of loss knowing she probably doesn't remember anyone by now. She couldn't even speak a word with her but Iseul figured out it was the best for the two of them.

A farewell without a good bye yet it was comfortable for both Iseuls. No regrets. Both of them did what they had to do and that's all.

"What about Beomgyu and Yeonjun?", Iseul asked from Taehyung.

"Their business with you is done. You won't see them again", Taehyung answered.

Iseul sighed,it is the best for them.

"By the way Iseul,there is something else you need to know",Taehyung said as he sat next to Iseul on the bed.

Iseul nodded signaling him to speak.

"About your mother...."

Iseul widened her eyes slowly. "My mother?"

"Hm,you must know that everything started with her deal with the demon,right?"

Iseul's head drooped but she nodded. She saw it too. Her mother sold her to the demon in exchange for her revenge.

Taehyung, "...do you hate her?"

Iseul shook her head immediately. "No! I mean,I get that what she did was terrible but she regretted it. She tried to stop Nian but that demon was too cunning. And my mother loved me. I can never hate her"

Taehyung smiled softly.

Iseul,"And thanks to brother Yoongi, my mother's soul was saved"

Yoongi saving her mother's soul used to be such a terrible trigger to Iseul. She thought he left her to die but in reality, he did it to save her. Thinking about it,Iseul felt her body burning in guilt.

"Brother Yoongi had given her soul pieces to the Jade Emperor. He treated your mother's soul"

Iseul looked at Taehyung with big doe eyes. She was eager to know about her mother. She had never heard a word about her mother ever since Iseul's mother died.

"But her punishment was too server. She had committed such a horrible crime. So,she had been paying the price ever since then"

Iseul's felt her heart clenched inside her chest. She didn't want her mother to get hurt. It doesn't matter if she sacrificed her to the demon,she just loves her mother too much. But because of that crime,a whole dynasty suffered. A lot of people suffered at the end. Hayoon cannot get away without a punishment.

"She became a grim reaper to see the death and feel the sorrow of people. Not only that,Hayoon was unable to see her own face without hatred and agony. Every time she sees herself in the mirror, she would peirce her own face to destroy the ugly appearance she was granted"

Iseul, "w –what...is,is it that terrible?"

Taehyung nodded slightly, "It's terrible and horrible. She was given the appearance of the person she hates the most. So every time she sees herself, she would hurt her face. She avoids mirrors even to this day"