S2|ch.9

...Flower of Evil ...

Crown Prince Seokjin was in his chambers that night. He was physically and mentally exhausted because of the recent events. His whole body was stiff. Even though his whole body was on the verge of collapsing,he was still checking various scrolls and books to find a solution to keep Iseul.

Luckily,Jungkook's mother was released from the prison after proving she was cursed. Royal siblings had to go beyond limits to safe her.

But Iseul's matter is not solved yet. She was still in dungeons and she had been refusing to eat no matter what. And she couldn't even attend her mother's funeral.

"Your highness, princess Ji-eun has come to pay a visit", outside the chamber,a servant announced.

Seokjin sighed. "Tell her to go back. I'm busy"

No sound came for five minutes.

But suddenly, the door was opened revealing the princess Ji-eun,crown Prince's wife.

Seokjin looked at her blankly. "Didn't you hear my order?"

Princess smiled sadly and bowed. "I did. But I still wanted to see you"

Seokjin sighed as he placed the scroll in his hands on the table. "What is it my lady wanted to say?"

Ji-eun turned around and signalled a maid to come closer. The maid had brought a small table with various snacks and a porcelain tea pot. Ji-eun took the table to her hand and approached her husband. She placed it on the ground and took a seat infront of Seokjin before removing his study table and placed the snack table infront of him. "Your highness, I know you are being very busy in these days. I don't know what's going on and I won't ask you to stop either. My only wish is to serve you as your wife like this. Let me atleast fulfill my duty as your wife. Your health is my health and your comfort is my comfort. Please,eat something",...."Sometimes taking a break would bring your spirit back. You will be able to work much harder if you eat something"

Seokjin looked at the osmantha cake on the tray. It was his favourite. But he had no apatite. He smiled bitterly. "My lady,how can I eat when my sister is starving? How dare I to stay healthy when she is inside the dungeons?"

Ji-eun sighed. "Your highness, you should eat for your sister's sake. To be able to protect her,you should be healthy",she poured a cup of tea and offered him. "This tea will give your highness energy. Please drink it"

Seokjin sighed and looked at his wife. He somehow felt relief. When he was not taking care of himself, there is someone by his side to take care of him. Is this the feeling of having a wife? Now he looked at his wife properly, he felt that she is beautiful. His wife has always been beautiful but he failed to notice.

He accepted the tea cup and drank it. Then he ate the cakes she made for him. He really felt lively after eating.

"Thank you,my lady", he smiled.

Ji-eun was pleased and smiled back. "It's my pleasure"

Ji-eun removed the snack table and placed his study table back to its position and sat by a corner.

Seokjin was confused. "Is there anything else,my lady?"

Ji-eun, "No. I'm planning to accompany, your highness. Don't let my presence bother you. Please,continue to work. And if there is anything you are confused, please ask me. I'll try to help"

Now Seokjin remembered. Princess Ji-eun isn't just a princess for the name. She had passed all the political and civil exams. She is a smart woman with passion. She had even once participated in a battle but she was ordered not to go to battles as she was the royal wife of the crown Prince. She might seem weak but she is beyond anyone's imagination. She is a powerful woman but she had decided to lay low for the sake of her husband.