S2|Ch.17

...Flower of Evil...

"I hurt you. A lot. You suffered for nothing. But why are you all doing this?"

Yoongi looked at her and stayed silent.

Iseul,"Why aren't you saying anything?Do you know how hard it is for me now? I'd be grateful if you all could lash out or even torture me the same way I did to you all"

Yoongi still kept silent and watched her.

"I locked you up. I removed your spiritual core. I chained you in a beast den. I chopped off your nails. What else, huh? Oh and I –I let you see Jungkook suffer and let you feel useless —"

"I failed to protect you"

Iseul stopped when Yoongi spoke.

"I deserved everything. As your brother, it was my responsibility to protect you but I couldn't"

Iseul looked at away. "How was it your fault? I'm sure you must have seen the past. It was inevitable. Things happened and it wasn't under your control"

"We all did see what happened. And we saw why you hated us"

Iseul looked up,trying to calm herself down. "Someone told me this. My misfortune is not a freepass to hurt others. You tried so hard to stop me from hurting others that time. You tried so hard to make me realise my mistake. You tried to speak the truth but I never listened", her hands suddenly started trembling remembering the dark time. She hid her hands under the table,so Yoongi won't see her vulnerable side.

Yoongi sighed as he stood up. Dragging his chair next to her,he sat up and took her both hands to his. "That time,I thought I could save you if I said the truth. But when you took the rebirth, we decided to hide everything. Because we knew you would react this", he spoke staring into her eyes and stroked her cold sweaty hands.

"S –Save me?"

Yoongi nodded. "Iseul,it wasn't your fault"

Her eyes were already red but hearing his words,she felt her chest tightening. The words she wanted to hear. And it was more than effective since the words were coming from her brother Yoongi.

"When you were ruling, do you remember what you did to the mirrors inside the Palace?"

"I c –covered them. And ordered everyone to not let me see a mirror"

Yoongi, "Why?"

Iseul thought to the scary incidents which happened to her. Whenever she looked at in the mirror,she couldn't see herself. She could only see a black smoke Whenever she looked in the mirror. It scared her. "It was....scary. a black smoke"

Yoongi sighed. "Iseul,it wasn't you. Sure,you were there. The power belonged to you. You did everything. But that wasn't your will"

Iseul was confused right now. She squinted her eyes. "No. I wanted everything. I wanted that destruction"

"Then why did you spend your time regretting everything? For 800 years,you regretted. You were afraid of getting your soul burnt. The biggest punishment was the regret in here", he pointed at her heart.