Her Silenced Voice *ch. 9*

Melissa and I stared at each other for a moment. "Hello Melissa," I said, my voice strained.

She lifted her head in a haughty stiff way, "Now I have to have my clothing dry cleaned again," she said before she turned away.

Who was she here to meet? I pitied them. "Hey Melissa," I said, calling out to her. She stopped and turned around slowly. "What commoner?" She sighed out.

Today I realized she decided to peel off a couple layers of make-up and she truly did look nice, not saying anything comparing to her make-up.

I pursed my lips momentarily to say what I really thought about her, Taking a moment, I said, "I apologize for what I said the other day, it was wrong of me to say something I knew wasn't true,"

She stood for a moment and for a second, I thought she might have actually taken my apology....then she opened her mouth.

"Just because you opened your mouth to 'apologize' doesn't mean I'll take up my generous offer again. I don't need to give girls like you an easy way out,"

I shook my head and scowled, Haruhi was right, even if I apologize, she wasn't going to change.

"So you weren't lying," Kyoya said behind me. I turn around, to see him without his laptop, surprisingly enough in his own outfit.

"What made you think I was lying?" I asked, letting my hand unclench.

"Nothing," he said. I smiled and said, "Does that mean you were fully trusting me?" He glanced up and said, "To put it simply, yes,"

"That's great," I said, "Then I should start trying to work my trust with you guys then huh?"

He stared at me for a while and I turned away, moving my gaze away. It felt uncomfortable, as if he was trying to read me with his perspective eyes.

"How was Ace in his little business?" I asked watching the portion of the friendlier girls who flirted or talked to the guys.

Kyoya looked away and cleared his throat, "Little? Very cute Miss Oshiro, I turned to him, confused at his words, "Do you remember when I told you Tamaki and I both were competitive towards Ace?"

I nodded, so Kyoya took it more personally than he showed. "Just because I don't show it, like Zeus over there, I do take him as a rival seriously,"

I studied his determined look. His chin slightly lifted, his icy stare, the poised way he stood. It would be so much like Ace.

'Getting clingy again' a voice in my head said. I cleared my throat and said, "What do you mean by that?" He didn't answer so maybe he didn't hear me.

When I turned to look at him, he was in thought, as if reluctant to say what was on his mind. I started to studied his face again.

"Nevermind," he said, not bothering to say what was on his mind. I smiled, noticing his upset face, "Come on Kyoya, whatever you were thinking about couldn't have been that bad, Ace couldn't have gotten that far ahead, it's you we're talking about,"

He glanced at me and said, "I appreciate your praise, Evelyn, but do not underestimate your brother," with that he walked away. I tilted my head and after a moment of silence, I said, "Don't forget to smile!"

What kind of associations did Ace make? As far as I knew, he always seemed to tell me stories of his school life everyday as he got home. Always the well rounded perfect guy, as others would put it.

Nice, ladies man, violist, guitarist, handsome, caring, has some serious cooking abilities, outgoing, smart, funny, really good at advice and knows how to handle money and academics combined. Now if anyone were to actually be like that I'd believe them to be fake.