Her Silenced Voice *ch. 30*

Just as Pearson had said, Mom arrived shortly in a jet.

Pearson's hand held my back and braced me as the Jet landed 50 meters away.

Pearson and I looked at each other carefully before looking back. Behind us was the Host club. As the jet stopped, a door was opened and Mother walked out.

Then someone else walked out. It was a really sophisticated looking tall guy with white hair. Pearson and I looked at each other again as they walked together to greet us.

When they came up to us, Mom gave Pearson a look, her eyes flitting down to his arm and back up. Understanding enough, Pearson's comforting arm left me and the guy walked up. He towered a head and a half over me.

"You must be Evelyn Worthy,"

I offered a smile to the handsome man. Nodding, he took my hand and gave me a whisper of a kiss on the cheek.

'It's nice to-'

He interrupted me with a sheepish look, "I...I actually can't understand sign language," I stopped and stared blankly at him before turning to Mom.

Pearson cleared his throat shyly, "She said that it was nice to meet you,"

"Of course she is," Mom grabbed my arm and slipped it down to my hands as she pulled me away from Pearson, "This is-" I jerked my hands away.

'No, Mom, what is this?' I signed to her, 'He doesn't even understand sign language,'

But she smiled, "She's asking for you to introduce yourself. She's a rather sentimental person,"

"Oh," He said in surprise, then turned to me, "I'm Chance Pennington. It is an honor to be your fiancee,"

I smiled at him before I turned to Mom. 'We'll talk later,' she signed.

"Can I accompany her to the Manor?" Pearson asked, stepping up.

I turned towards Pearson with a nod, but an arm stretched across my shoulders and I looked up to see Mr. Pennington, "It's best that you don't. It may be a presumptuous thing to say, but I don't know how naive my wife is. You might try to seduce her, you see,"

Pearson's hands clutched and unclutched. I didn't want to look up. Ace having heard stormed up.

"Ace," Mom laughed, "I almost didn't see you " Liar. He was the first person you spotted. I hadn't realized how fake Mom was up until now.

"Now you do," he didn't in the slightest give Mom a hit of interest. Walking up to Chance and me, he pushed Chance's hands off, "Evelyn is my sister. If anything goes on-"

I pushed him away, turning back towards Chance; my hand was placed on his arm for good measures. Surprise registered on his face; understanding that he almost compromised the Plan.

I brushed my nose with my finger lightly, a signal we've had since we were children. It meant 'Remember'.

"It seems that Evelyn doesn't want to be near you," Mom said, coming between us. I turned to Chance, who grabbed my wrist.

"Let's go. It must have been a tiring day for you," he said.

I forced a smile and nodded. As we walked, I realized Mom had stayed behind. Her arms were folded and her expression revealed her frustration.

As we sat in the jet, Chance sat across from me. His polite smiled was gone, replaced by a more comfortable smirk, "I'm so glad I got someone cute as a wife,"

I said nothing. I mean, if I had my voice I probably wouldn't speak to him in the first place.

He studied me and an attendant walked up, "Would you like some champagne?" Her purple blouse was fitted across her tummy and breasts and her skirt was no different to her rear end.