Her Silenced Voice *ch. 16*

"Hey Ace," I said, putting my bag down.

No response.

"There was a ball today and for some weird reason, Karou and Hikaru found out I knew how to dance....Well, Jake wanted to dance with me,"

Silence. I sat next to Ace's bed and grasped his hand.

"They dressed me up like a princess before that too, just so Jake could take a picture with me. I also found out that Karou and Hikaru's mother is featuring me in her next fashion show,"

"Wake up," I said, "Wake up and see me the way I am now. Jake took pictures of me playing princess, why don't you take a look at it?"

I stared at Ace's restful face. "Ace," My voice sounding like it might break, "Why did you do that, at that time? It was for me, was it not? That bullet?"

I laid my head on the bed. "Ace, remember that time when we dressed up for Halloween as cards? Kai was King, I was Queen, Jake was Jack and you were Ace?"

No movement. "I believed that we would continue making memories like that together....but this happened to you....do you know who shot you? If you know don't torture your sister like this then, wake up and find the culprit,"

I then stopped and started laughing sadly, "I'm really spoiled, always surrounded by friends and protected by my brother, I had no clue how much you sustained my mentality until now,"

"Ace?" I asked, "There's this girl, Melissa, she's out to get the host club because they won't accept her, and it's my fault," I looked up at Ace, "I tried to leave the host club so her anger can be controlled. She thinks I'm flirting with the host club,"

A pause.

"You can wake up any time now and tell your sister to stop flirting, that I'm too young to date. Wake up and reprimand me for getting too close to another guy! Warn me and tell me that you were right!" I said, "Tell me that I'm your precious little sister!"

My voice broke.

"Ace..." I buried my head in my arms, "where have you gone to without me? Just sleeping here!"

I felt an arm on my shoulder and I looked up quickly.

"Is this......is this what they wouldn't tell me?!" Allen said outraged, a shadow covering his eyes.

"Allen," I said, and wiped off tears, "What are you doing here? Did you follow me?"

"Don't give me that! What happened to Ace?!" he asked.

I bit my lips, "He was shot," I said and avert my eyes.

"He was shot?" Allen asked, "Why?"

Allen didn't need to get involved, being the stubborn person he was, he would eventually get hurt investigating into it.

"You don't need to know," I said, flipping my hair behind my back, "It's not like Ace would forgive you just because you helped, you have nothing to do with this matter so butt out,"

He studied me and after an eternity, he put his hands in his pockets, "Okay," he said, a small look of content on his face.

With that short answer, it felt....empty...but there needs to be one questioned answered, "Allen, what where you doing following me?" I asked.

"Well you see," he started, "I was worried about you and on my way home, I saw you walk into the hospital so I decided to follow, remembering what Kai and Jake said,"

"You mean to stay away from me?" I inched away, remembering our past.

"No, about Ace," He said.