Her Silenced Voice *ch. 15*

"I sometimes wonder why we never see each other in the halls," I said, forcing a smile on my face.

What just happened was suffocating me. Everything. He was in this school, he didn't make me aware of him. He knows everything I've done here....

"I don't know, at least there's the time in the host room and now," Pearson said, keep in mind he's shy now Evelyn, stop thinking about Allen.

"That somehow reminds me," I said, "One of my clients, David, He seems to have a small ambition in the dress-making business and I happen to refer him to you,"

Keep your head in the game, Evelyn, this was a promise to David....was it? Never mind that, just make it your goal!

"Really?" Pearson asked, "Which one?"

"Um....I think....Waterson?" I said, Are you sure? Don't screw it up for yourself now Evie, "Yeah, Waterson," I said, clearing my throat.

"Oh, that one, yeah?" He said.

"Well, yeah, he happen to be after you on my list and he had came back from a trip....well you were the first in my mind when he rambled on about dresses. He said he always wanted to approach you, because you know, your line runs on high quality fabric, but he said you seemed too shy,"

"Oh..." Pearson said, "I didn't think I was that shy,"

"Really? At first I couldn't believe someone who looked so shy could be in the host room, but I was surprised,"

"Are you serious?" He asked, "I only opened up to you like that only because you were comfortable to be around!"

"Well, did you feel that way walking in?" I asked.

"Well..." he said in a small voice, "no,"

I chuckled, "Exactly, make friends, and speaking of friends, who's your date?" I asked expectantly.

He looked up bashfully from his cup.

I smiled ar first then started laughing, "Are you serious? You asked her!" I said happily.

"I did, turns out, she was waiting for me," Pearson smiled sheepishly.

"See! You should ask some of your friend girls to come to me, I could be a match maker," I said, thinking of some ways to get more customers.

"Your right, since you talk to so many guys," Pearson said.

I rolled my eyes, "Lot's of them come to me for flirting, not advice,"

"Well I'm not surprised," He said unknowingly, then he paused. An awkward silence filled up the room around us, a red blush bloomed across his face.

That's right, he was really shy. Why do I forget that?

"Ahaha," I said, "Thank you, no one has ever told me that in such a forward way, thank you,"

"Sorry," He said, ducking his head and taking another sip of his drink. I shook my head smiling, "What are you apologizing for? Are you saying you take back what you said?"

"No!" He said with a start, "I mean...no," he said in a more quiet voice, "I just....I mean...."

I started laughing and for some reason, I had to put my cup down and sit in a chair.

"Pearson!" I laughed out, "I'm sorry,"

He seemed worried as if he'd done something wrong, which seemed to add to the humor. "I'm really sorry, but you're just too cute," I said, finishing my laugh.

He seemed to draw back and I said, "Oh don't worry, you just happen to remind me of someone,"

"And who would that be?" He asked.