Her Silenced Voice *ch. 28*

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

I looked up, 'Pearson's invited me to the beach,'

A sort of disappointment flashed on her face but she shook it off, "Don't get hurt," she said.

I smiled, 'Sure thing, Mom,'

~

Pearson enveloped me in a hug. This was the 10th date we've been in. But, to Mom's disappointment, we've never really passed the brother/sister relationship.

"So, is your Mom still on our tail?" Pearson asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

'She isn't saying anything yet but she's sort of making it obvious she doesn't want this,' I signed.

"I love it when you do your signing, it's really pretty,"

I nudged him lightly out of embarrassment, 'How so?' I signed.

"Well," he started, "your hands look like their singing,"

'Right,' I rolled my eyes, 'Whatever you say,'

I looked around the beach, seeing more girls than usual, 'Say, Pearson, there's an unusually large amount of student here,'

"Haha, really?" Pearson said, his eyes scanned around, skipping my eyes deliberately. I tilted my head, 'Spill it,'

He rubbed the back of his neck, not quite looking at me. He was hiding something.

I clicked my tongue, pushing him slightly. He looked at me with a guilty expression. If he had given me that look while telling me that he had just murdered someone, I would have believed him.

"I swear, I never meant it to get out," He said, "I know how touchy you are about it,"

I knit my eyebrows together, 'What is it, Pearson?'

"So, the Host club heard about us" He said.

I drew back slowly, 'So they know about us?'

"They found out about our date today," He said.

I bit my lips. I didn't want to see them. I couldn't handle the confrontation. I mean, I had entirely...left them... How was I going to meet them? Would they fully accept me back?

"If you need me when you see them, I'll be by your side," he said, patting my head.

I smiled slightly, taking his hand tightly.

We walked the beach as he talked about his day. He talked about so many troubles and events, it made me jealous. 'I want to go back,' I signed.

He sighed, "Hey, if you want to go to Ouran, ask your mom. After all, it is a school for the intelligent or rich. If you're too chicken, I'll ask for you,"

'No, it's okay,' I signed, 'Just be there with me. I will be fine if you are there,'

"I take that as a compliment," he said.

I smiled and grasped his hand again, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Evelyn, Evelyn, Evelyn," he repeated my name over again, "You are the single most complicated person I've met,"

I nudged him, 'It's because I'm a girl,'

He shrugged, lacing our fingers, "Maybe," he smiled, "Maybe not,"

We were on that cliff from before where I made my wish.

I let go of his hand and I crossed my arms and stared out at the people below. 'Pearson,' I signed, 'At this spot, I made a wish....it would not make sense to a stranger, but it's clear in my head,'

"What was your wish?" Pearson asked.

I shook my head, 'If I tell you, It won't come true,'

"Then did it come true?"

I smiled, turning to him, 'It's going to come true. Thank you,'

"Anytime I can help you," he said.

Just then, a scuffle was heard. We both turned around to see a fight between three people. I hadn't recognized them but a fight was a fight. Pearson stood up, "Hey," he said roughly, "What's the problem?"

By his tone of voice, he knew the group. "Back away from this , Pearson," one said. But Pearson walked up, "Stop or I'll report this,"

"What's the matter? Going to run to your authoities?" One got close to his face before pushing him back harshly. I was there to catch Pearson's slip. Frowning, I opened my mouth to argue but nothing came out.

I angrily glowered at the offender.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

"Leave her out of it,"

"What? So she can continue scrutinizing us as if she's better? I heard your parents abandoned you," Another said, "What makes you think you're better than us when your parents don't even love you?"

Pearson threw a punched and it landed on the guy's cheekbone, "I said to leave her out,"

I pulled back on his arm.

I shook my head at him when he turned to look at me.

But the guy that Pearson punched reeled his fist back and launched his fists at Pearson. I pulled him back, causing the fist to catch dust.

I lowered my center of balance, preparing for any attack on Pearson.

As the guy threw another punch, I hadn't expected he'd hit me. I fell down and Pearson pushed the guy back roughly.

As a guy wrestled with Pearson, I stood up and tried to part them but it didn't work. I was suddenly wrenched away and I elbowed whoever was holding me in the ribs.

Their grip loosened and I twisted, bringing my elbow up to hit my opponents chin.

Turning around, to face the person, cold hands wrapped around. my neck. I tried to stumble back but he already had a grip.

"Evelyn!" Pearson yelled but when he was turned, the other guy punched him in the chest, causing him to fall and hit his head on the rocks. Choking, I gasped for air, panicking, quickly losing consciousness. I slowly lost sight of what to do in times like these.

But somehow, by a miracle, I managed to kick him hard enough in what I believed was the thigh, making him let go. Gasping for air, I moved back. My feet felt land again and as a precaution, I took a step back once more

But I felt my entire body prickle as my foot didn't land on solid ground but air.

In the moment of falling back, I swore I could heard Ace calling out my name.

Then I hit the water.