Her Silenced Voice *ch. 24*

I shook my head denying it. My mom is dead.

"Ace told me about what he said to you. He told me that you expected me dead. Your father, it's unfortunate that he's gone.....but I'm still alive. Evie, I'm still here,"

I shook my head, I don't care who the bitch was but no one does that to Ace. Not while making me watch.

I turned my head as if I wasn't paying attention but the lady continued, "Please don't be angry Evie. Ace threatened me. I run a company and he's been feeding off of me. He said that he'll lie and say that I killed your father. I loved him. I had you. I loved you but because of my work, I had to leave Evelyn please understand. I love my children,"

She motioned for her bodyguard to let go of me.

I jerked free and signed to her, 'You are a sick woman. I don't care if your my mother or not or if Ace did threaten you or not. I will never turn my back on him,"

She looked down at Ace's body with pity, "Please believe me when I tell you, all Ace wanted was money. Every time I saw him, all he wanted was money. So eventually, I offered him a task. They're useless really, but....I wanted him to gain a sense of responsibility. And now that you're here, you know about it all. I want you to become a diplomat. Be my heir,"

My world spun. Just like that I could turn my life of poverty. I looked at her, 'Why should I?'

She hugged herself and shrugged, "That will be your intention. I just want to be near you again, my daughter. You look so much like me when I was younger, but you have your father's eyes and nose," then looking to Ace, she said, "If you want, you can give the money you make to Ace and your friends, McCarly and Sereno,"

I glowered at her, 'McCarthy and Serino,' correcting her, she turned away, "I suppose you want it though. It's an opportunity and I know you're a fast learner.....but, there's an exception. There's always one, sadly enough,"

'What is it?' I asked through sign language

"You can't be near your friends. I mean, work associated means, then yes, but to be a hostess. It's just not possible," she said, "Those two do not blend,"

I shook my head. No. I wasn't going to do it.

She knitted her eyebrows together, "No?" She asked, "No, as in, you'd rather send Jake, Kai and Ace all into poverty?"

I bit my lip and averted my gaze. Her expression became gentle, "You are the perfect face for a new president of a company. You learn fast too so...it will be fine,"

'But I have no voice,' I said.

"Translator," she shrugged, "It will be fine,"

There was a pause, "Will you join me? Or will you decline the offer? There will be no next time,"

I looked at Ace's crumpled body. He's already done so much. He's already raised me to be who I am and.....I couldn't possibly turn down the one chance I'll ever be able to turn the tables.

'I accept'

~A month later~

It's been a month.

I haven't been to school.

That day Evelyn Oshiro woke up from the hospital, she disappeared.

Mother took me to the countryside. She even devoted time to teach me how to drink tea. How to be a lady. A diplomat. Sometimes it was nice, sometimes it was strict beyond belief....

But the whole time, it hurt. The hole left in my heart afterwords was unbearable.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair no longer lowed down my back. It was tied in an elegantly loose bun, curls hanging. I had black pumps and I wore a small black body-con dress. It was a collared halter dress with lace and it continued down to the small of my back in a V.

Her Silenced Voice (Ouran High School Host Club)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara